Has anyone made a hard cover for their Blackstone?

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas. I really don't like the soft cover - it's not water proof, and I keep mine out on my deck.

Putting something under the cover to give it a pitch helps. Ive seen some use aluminum pans to get the water to shed

Putting something under the cover to give it a pitch helps. Ive seen some use aluminum pans to get the water to shed

Yep. I have a large stainless steel mixing bowl upside down on mine and haven't had a problem with water.

I'm still using the inverted, full sized aluminum restaurant pans under the cover. Keeps the cover from laying directly on the griddle top but it doesn't take care of my water problem.
Mine sits out in the weather year round. I'd like to come up with a solid cover, at least for the griddle area.
Maybe as simple as a rectangular piece of metal or wood, with handles on top.

Will be watching this thread for more ideas.

Last edited:
Would something like this work? says it's 36.02 X 24.02 in.
af06dc86-4430-42c5-b8ba-fe626c801aea_1000.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plasgad-Black-Large-Concrete-Mixing-Tub-887102C/205451585

On the facebook blackstone group there's several folks that have had them made. With the wind here I have a heck of a time keeping the cover on. I have a friend who has a custom metal shop. Probably cost me more than the stove!

I'm still using the inverted, full sized aluminum restaurant pans under the cover. Keeps the cover from laying directly on the griddle top but it doesn't take care of my water problem.
Mine sits out in the weather year round. I'd like to come up with a solid cover, at least for the griddle area.
Maybe as simple as a rectangle piece of metal or wood, with handles on top.

Will be watching this thread for more ideas.
Same here - I have a full size restaurant pan under my cover too and still get water on it.
I was going to tell you about the Facebook group too, but Norm beat me to it.

On the facebook blackstone group there's several folks that have had them made. With the wind here I have a heck of a time keeping the cover on. I have a friend who has a custom metal shop. Probably cost me more than the stove!
I found a few fabricators in my area I will probably reach out too. I don't like the full cover cause it is a PITA getting on and off when I want to do a quick cook. I would like something that just covers the griddle and has handles on it. My question is, should it be long enough in the front to cover the controls? What material to make it out of? Need something heavy enough that it won't fly off in a wind storm and light enough to be easy for me to get of alone.

Well it depends on how much you want to spend. I'm going to have mine made out of diamond plate but not longer than the drip tray.

Now you've got me wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to do so...

Here's what I threw together for my Camp Chef FTG with some scrap I had lying around. Mine is not treated with anything as the grill is under a patio cover but you could probably coat something similar with a water sealer and have it last a while.

yHuAHPZ.jpg

The BS cover is a PITA. I'm planning one with an aluminum angle frame with sheet alum on top. Planning on hinging it to the back of the griddle.

I can't believe that Blackstone hasn't already come out with one. They are missing an opportunity. I would love not that was hinged and I could just open up, cook, clean it and put it back down.

I don't know measurements but the "new" cover from Weber for my performer is top notch for water repelling. Doesn't handle high wind all that well though (fish cleaning board fixes that).
Ed

I can't believe that Blackstone hasn't already come out with one. They are missing an opportunity. I would love not that was hinged and I could just open up, cook, clean it and put it back down.

Like a old propane grill lid?

I saw someone on another forum who made a hard cover out of some starboard they got from Home Depot. Looked pretty good and doubled as a table when the BS wasn’t being used.

Yep - that's what I am thinking - we have no metal fabrication skills so will have to bid this job out.

Check out the Blackstone Griddle Owners page on Facebook. Plenty of people have made cool metal covers.

Check out the Blackstone Griddle Owners page on Facebook. Plenty of people have made cool metal covers.

I found the page but it says you have to join the group to see the pics.
There is another Blackstone Griddle Facebook page put out by Blackstone. You don't have to join to see the pics there but I'm not sure if it shows any cover builds.

Back