Has anyone made a hard cover for their Blackstone?

Yea -it is a group you have to join, but nothing big.

I found the page but it says you have to join the group to see the pics.
There is another Blackstone Griddle Facebook page put out by Blackstone. You don't have to join to see the pics there but I'm not sure if it shows any cover builds.

Just ask to be added and they'll add you.

It's not a metal cover, but a quick Google turned this up for putting under the soft cover.
17th5sfbkude.jpg

for those interested. Looks easy to make and store.

This is exactly what I need. I hate having my entire unit covered, it's just a nuisance to take off and on. I want just something covering just the griddle part, I wish I had the tools and know how to create some of the nice lids posted in this thread.

I dont have pics at the time but i made a very simple metal cover for mine by taking a sheet of galvanized sheet metal i had kicking around and bent a 90° on each end. The middle gets support from the rear of the griddle itself otherwise it'd droop down. It doesnt overhang the grease tray but this completely stopped the griddle top from getting wet, which i use a grill cover i bought from Sears however it's not very "waterproof".

I was told by a manager at a home and hardware store that his rep says Blackstone is coming out with a covered model griddle. Maybe some one on here with some industry sources could do some digging and verify that?

Back