Simple STL Ribs on the kettle

cheez59

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have had a few Weber kettles over the years but until I won the major award all I ever did was use them for grilling. So many great posts of stuff getting smoked on here made me give it a shot. I've done meat loafs, chicken, fatties and chuckles. Today I cooked a rack of Saint Louis spares. They were cooked indirect with used KBB, a little fresh KBB and a bunch of apple chunks. Smoke was hooked to the grate so my lazy self could monitor temp inside. I ran MA at 250 for 4-1/2 hours with nothing but Dominator rub on the ribs. The smoke flavor was off the chart good. Ms Gwen was a happy camper too.

This is going to be my smoker for small cooks from now on. The LSG cabinet is awesome but it's just too big to run for cooks like these. MA along with many pointers from the Brethren gets the nod.

Last edited:
Diggin' on that. Very nice and efficient way to cook.

It does turn out some great food!

Diggin' on that. Very nice and efficient way to cook.
Efficient is most definitely the word. I used only about 5 pounds of fuel. Half of that was used half burned KBB. Then about 15-20 fresh KBB briquettes and a half dozen chunks of apple. It burned for over 5 hours and when I shut it down about 1/3 was left for the next cook. :wink:

Those ribs look great. I think that's the reason almost everyone has one, efficiency and puts out great food.

I just purchased some Oakridge dominator rub and can't wait to try it. Your ribs look great!

The only thing I see wrong is that you didn't fill it up.
Onthegrill_zpsf80f3167.jpg

I just purchased some Oakridge dominator rub and can't wait to try it. Your ribs look great!

I rotate around a half dozen rib rubs but the Dominator is my favorite. I like it so well I get it in 5 pound bags.:wink:

I’ve said before on here, when it comes to smoking i’ll take my weber over my bubba keg. It is a wonderful machine.........wonderful looking Wibs brother!

Back