Baltimore to Denver

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Looks like I get to drive someone's car from Baltimore to Denver in about 4 weeks. So many options with routes and food. :whoo: I'll leave it open to suggestions and list a few options:

1. Direct: I 70 all the way, baby, pit stop in Kansas City.

2. Don't be stupid, you know spherical geometry. Align with a great circle route and go more northerly through Chicago and pick up some pizza on the way.

3. Why limit yourself? See a bit of the country. It's been years since you've taken a drive to Wall Drug!

OK, looks like we're leaning toward the northern route and going by way of Chicago area and South Dakota.

Chicago!!!! :rockon:

When will you be here? I'm sure we could get some farkers to meet you.

Chicago!!!! :rockon:

When will you be here? I'm sure we could get some farkers to meet you.

It'll be about the third week of August and have no idea when -- could be the middle of the night. We've now decided to leave the details to my 15-year-old daughter -- now how farked is that! :doh:

I haven't been IN Chicago in decades. I would love to stop by for some pizza. I still remember the last pizza I had there. Nothing like a Chicago pizza. :hungry:

3. Why limit yourself? See a bit of the country. It's been years since you've taken a drive to Wall Drug!

Wall Drugs! Did you get free ice water? We actually spent 3 nights in Wall in 2013. Rented one of the cabins just south of the Interstate.

What are the chances of making the Chicago Bash on 8/14? I'll be going. You sure you don't need to take the car to L.A.? Phubar and Padawan get here on the 1st and that weekend we got a big ole Bash going on.

BTW had an all-to-short but very good hang w/chicagokp & Shaggy last year - by all means look 'em up!

Wall Drugs! Did you get free ice water? We actually spent 3 nights in Wall in 2013. Rented one of the cabins just south of the Interstate.

Of course we got free ice water! My wife and I were at Wall Drug in 1995 and also visited Amsterdam that year. On the same roll of film we got a picture of me riding the jackalope and this sign in front of the Amsterdam train station:

Wall%20Drug%20Sign.jpg

I had no idea you could spend 3 nights there. I'll have to see if my daughter is interested. She just might die of embarrassment.

What are the chances of making the Chicago Bash on 8/14? I'll be going. You sure you don't need to take the car to L.A.? Phubar and Padawan get here on the 1st and that weekend we got a big ole Bash going on.

BTW had an all-to-short but very good hang w/chicagokp & Shaggy last year - by all means look 'em up!

Unfortunately, my other daughter's college move-in day is 8/14 in South Carolina. I'm guessing we will be leaving there on 8/16, doing laundry on 8/17, then departing 8/17. We might be in the Chicago area 8/17 evening or lunchtime 8/18. It is hard to know. I live in a house full of women and I do not make any decisions. If I try, then I'm farked. I just try to nudge a bit. Definitely, I know not to try to make a schedule because I will always be late, sometimes by a few hours and other times, a few days (yes, days). :mmph:

The only endpoints I know for certain are that I will be in South Carolina on 8/14 and I will be departing Denver on 8/24. Dang, that's only ten days. I'm nuts. :shock:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Of course we got free ice water!

Wall%20Drug%20Sign.jpg

I had no idea you could spend 3 nights there. I'll have to see if my daughter is interested. She just might die of embarrassment

Wow and I thought they had a lot of signs across SD! We didn't spend 3 days in Wall Drugs, but used it as a base to explore The Badlands, Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore and Sturgis. It was a great trip!

Wow and I thought they had a lot of signs across SD! We didn't spend 3 days in Wall Drugs, but used it as a base to explore The Badlands, Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore and Sturgis. It was a great trip!

Plus you got all that free ice water! :thumb:

It'll be about the third week of August and have no idea when -- could be the middle of the night. We've now decided to leave the details to my 15-year-old daughter -- now how farked is that! :doh:

I haven't been IN Chicago in decades. I would love to stop by for some pizza. I still remember the last pizza I had there. Nothing like a Chicago pizza. :hungry:

Of course we got free ice water! My wife and I were at Wall Drug in 1995 and also visited Amsterdam that year. On the same roll of film we got a picture of me riding the jackalope and this sign in front of the Amsterdam train station:

Wall%20Drug%20Sign.jpg

I had no idea you could spend 3 nights there. I'll have to see if my daughter is interested. She just might die of embarrassment.

Unfortunately, my other daughter's college move-in day is 8/14 in South Carolina. I'm guessing we will be leaving there on 8/16, doing laundry on 8/17, then departing 8/17. We might be in the Chicago area 8/17 evening or lunchtime 8/18. It is hard to know. I live in a house full of women and I do not make any decisions. If I try, then I'm farked. I just try to nudge a bit. Definitely, I know not to try to make a schedule because I will always be late, sometimes by a few hours and other times, a few days (yes, days). :mmph:

The only endpoints I know for certain are that I will be in South Carolina on 8/14 and I will be departing Denver on 8/24. Dang, that's only ten days. I'm nuts. :shock:

Well, if it works out and you wanna connect, let me know.

Isn't the Bash on Saturday the 13th? Iffin it's Sunday the 14th I can make it.

As the plans evolve, I'll let you know. If it were only me, I would plan the entire trip around meeting Brethren, but I'm only one person on the trip and if you are married and have kids, you know where I am on the totem pole making decisions. We're redoing the bathroom upstairs and I said, "Any color but yellow." Well fark me, if she didn't say last night, "wow, that color that 'we' picked out looks awfully yellow." -- "yes, I know." :mmph:

Isn't the Bash on Saturday the 13th? Iffin it's Sunday the 14th I can make it.

You are correct - it's on Saturday the 13th. Jumbling dates is my business and business is good. :twitch:

Bummed we're not gonna be seeing you!

Back