New Member from PA!

Michael061

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi everyone - I just joined the forum a week ago and I'm excited to learn some great tips and insights from folks on this forum, both professional and amateur alike! I'm new to smoking meat (I've ordered a Gator Pit smoker but won't have it until next year), but not new to cooking with wood. I have an authentic brick oven in the backyard where I cook with wood and really enjoy the wood smoke flavor! My wife and I live in eastern PA and have 2 kids - our son just graduated colleg and our daughter has 1 more year to go at Penn State. So, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am a sales leader at a large technology company but my passion is cooking and entertaining friends - probably missed my calling!

I am eager to learn as much as I can about smoking ribs, pork, beef and chicken from everyone on this forum - including the rubs, sauces, woods, techniques and everything in between! I know there is no one way or right way to do it and that everyone brings their own ideas, skills, creativity and tastes to smoking meat. I'm very interested to hear about the stories and learn as much as I can to apply to my own experience and craft. I'm on a journey and a sponge!

Thanks for having me as a member on the forum!

Mike

Welcome, Mike, and thanks for introducing yourself. There's a wealth of learning to be had here, not to mention fun!

Welcome Mike,
Enjoy your time here, and if you are looking for something you do not see feel free to ask, there is a wealth of knowledge here

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the madness Mike!!!! Enjoy your stay :thumb:

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Mike, welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az.

Welcome aboard Mike, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Really enjoying reading the posts on this forum!

Back