New member from Nashville TN with new PBC

BBQuest

Reaction score
:grin:

Thankful to have found this forum! Getting ready to smoke some pig

87% humidity don't know how that will affect the charcoal (Kingsford as Noah recommends) but I've got a Maverick for the grill and meat and some other therms for second opinions.

Fingers crossed!

BBQuest

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az.

Good luck with your cook and welcome to the forum!

Thanks guys! Today is the 1st time I've ever attempted to smoke meat. We're about 3 hours in with a 5 lb brisket and 9lb boston butt. :grin: Go big or go home.

Just checked and the temps are looking good per all the videos I've binged watched and posts on this forum of course.

Will post pictures when I can.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Thanks all! The PBC was a success! The brisket was easy to cut through like butter and still had a nice bark (we used same for both cuts: mustard, PBC rub and a 1/4 cup Guiness) and the the Boston butt...wow....bone pulled away effortlessly and I didn't want to add sauce. It had sort of a buttery flavor. We have family in from out of state and I am now a culinary god:)

Anyone on the fence about the PBC should just get it already. I kept the Maverick wifi in after we hit 160 and although the readings were about 30 degrees off on the meat compared to my other thermometers (all passed the boiling water test) it was so cool to have a way to monitor heat passively. I know this was operator error so I will work to resolve the difference in temp. I did have to offset the grill cover a bit to increase temp to get to 200°F but wow the results were just amazing.

Photos or it never happened right? :grin:

Love this view!
78v51yX.jpg

Prep:
htOhoRv.jpg

Inside cooker:
KbsbM8V.jpg

Brisket Final:
njqjSMU.jpg

Boston Butt Final:
b6Vuqgo.jpg

My sous chef had to sleep off his full belly:
tZ5XQI3.jpg

Welcome! That looks just great. My mouth is watering and can't wait to get home to put the packer on myself.

Welcome aboard BBQuest!

Good lookin' helper ya got there!

Welcome aboard BBQuest, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back