Discussion Thread -> "Time For Veggies to Shine!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Home-made Fresh Pasta with Grilled Veggies.

Made some pasta. Semolina flour, eggs, salt, olive oil.
IMAG0616.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

Veggies on the grill, Tomatoes, Onions (from my garden) Yellow squash, Red Pepper, Pablano Pepper,
IMAG0611.jpg

Please accept the pic below this as my Official TD Entry #2.
IMAG0619.jpg

My Entry into the Veggie Shine TD

Roasted some Anaheim, Jalapenos and an orange bell on the grill. Pulled them and let em sweat to remove the skin.
10497079_10203192833638902_2338024296339870849_o.jpg

Saute the roasted peppers with some marinated shiitake shrooms, green onions and cracked chili peppers........The aroma from the grill was pungent.
10403853_10203193212208366_4361548123153590303_o.jpg

Put it all together with some Mexican 4 cheese mix, ho made guacamole and some salsa Verde for a veggie burrito. Added some Spanish rice as well. So we gonna let Veggies Shine.............Then let them SHINE. The roasted peppers came right through the mix, with a hint of the onion and mushroom. The chile peppers added some real kick....:thumb:

And my money shot
10387112_10203193331651352_6533535599371957649_o.jpg

Home-made Fresh Pasta with Grilled Veggies.

Please accept the pic below this as my Official TD Entry #2.

This is a regular weekly TD, not a Special TD, so you can only have one entry.

Please choose which one you want to use or I'll choose one for you :-D

There is the rule that covers this...

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderator will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderator (me) a PM and I will do my best to correct the issue.

Im a huge lobster fan even tho its not grown in the garden. I would go with #1. Wait, the pasta looks killer as well! :doh: Thats not a veggie either. :mrgreen: Go with #1 :thumb:

Ron, I PM'd you the choice. But in-case anyone is wondering I went with the pasta as this is a veggie throw down. The lobster was a strong dish but wasn't veggie focused comparatively.
Hope thats what the voters focus on. :)

Depends on what time it is Central. I'm not really sure but I'm taking my chances. Have I mentioned we should move entry submissions back to noon on Monday?

Jerk Chicken Veggie Pizza.

Cook thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2998685#post2998685

Sorry... Your entry was posted at 7:50am Central Time, so it was late :(

BTW, Central time is one hour earlier than your time zone, so you posted at 8:50AM your time, which was 7:50am Central time.

No problem Ron I totally understand those are the rules as written.

But, seriously though have you guys considered moving the turn in to later in the day on Monday. Now that I've got the time zone's straight, that means 6am CT is 4am on the west coast, those guys got like no shot of getting an entry in on Monday.

I just know that weekends are tough for most of us and like last weekend Sunday was the only day I could cook. So I finished cooking that meal at 8pm, the kitchen was a farking wreck so we're talking 9pm till it's all cleaned up. Then put the kids to bed, blah blah blah and next thing you know it's 11pm-12am and I still gotta get all the pics off the camera, upload them to photobucket and take 30min to an hour to make a quality post.

I just don't see what it would hurt to move it to Monday at noon (although I'd settle for 9am CST):-D. That's like the 4th TD I've missed in the past 2 months because I can't seem to stay awake Sunday night or wake up early on Monday. With all these wackadoodles around here, I can't be the only one who would appreciate that.

I'm with Jason on this one. It would be real nice to have that extra time.
I would enter more with that extra time as well. My weekends are crazy with all kinds of family stuff going on. It's also the time I stop to cook up something cool.

And, with the polls not getting up intel the afternoons, well, you know what I mean. :becky:

Last edited:
I would enter more with that extra time as well.

And, with the polls not getting up intel the afternoons, well, you know what I mean. :becky:

Sooooooooo more special regulations for the Cali...Fournee people...............EH.............farkers........Next thing ya know we'll have catalytic converters on the cookers............:tsk:

Sooooooooo more special regulations for the Cali...Fournee people...............EH.............farkers........Next thing ya know we'll have catalytic converters on the cookers............:tsk:

What, You don't have catalytic converters on the cookers? :shock: Sheese..:doh:

Back