THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GenieGene

Hey grill fam! here are pics. of my offset smoker from BBQ depot that I am renovating! I have used it for years and I never knew how to take care of it but, now being apart of this group and learning how to be a better backyard griller and future comp. cooker I am now cleaning my smoker and insulating it. If ANY of you have any tips for me please shout em out!!

Attachments

• 14 - 1.jpg
    14 - 1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5888.jpg
    IMG_5888.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7298.jpg
    IMG_7298.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 83
Id paint it, make some tunning plates or convection plate, Add 2 thermos in lower corners of door, season it and use it. I'd skip any Aluminum. :mrgreen:

Id paint it, make some tunning plates or convection plate, Add 2 thermos in lower corners of door, season it and use it. I'd skip any Aluminum. :mrgreen:

Hey Smitty can you put me up on some game about tuning plates? Wha I need to do how much it cost and construction etc?

3/16" or 1/4 " plates 4-6-8-10" wide cut long enough to go front to back of cook camber about 2-3" below cooking grate but higher than your deflector plate . You need several pieces different widths and you adjust them and the gap before and after them to Tune your smoker for even heat from one side to other.

3/16" or 1/4 " plates 4-6-8-10" wide cut long enough to go front to back of cook camber about 2-3" below cooking grate but higher than your deflector plate . You need several pieces different widths and you adjust them and the gap before and after them to Tune your smoker for even heat from one side to other.
another novice question? Is it easy to clean up?

You just gotta play with it- u might need 4 plates maybe 6. Might need 1" gaps in between maybe 2" maybe 0. May need 2" starting gap then plates. Every pit is different .

Back