Big Joe - Joetisserie

Mine arrives on Wednesday. I hope I don't have the fitment issue described above. :cry:

Let me know how yours fits. I am still waiting for KJ to figure out what they are going to do, they keep telling me it can't be happening, even with the pics I sent. I may end up sending this back to the BBQ Guys and eating the shipping and restocking fees.

Let me know how yours fits. I am still waiting for KJ to figure out what they are going to do, they keep telling me it can't be happening, even with the pics I sent. I may end up sending this back to the BBQ Guys and eating the shipping and restocking fees.

Let them know you are posting your negative review here, with a link to the site. This being the top BBQ site might stimulate some cooperation on their part.

I came home from work today to find my Big Joetisserie waiting for me a day early. So of course I unpacked right away and went to check the fit. To my relief it fits great. There is a lot of extra room to get it perfectly centered. I can move it ~ 1" front to back and side to side. It sits flat on the bottom gasket. With the lid shut I can't see any air gaps, but it did come with a length of felt that you can add to the top of the Joetisserie to help it seal better if needed. Overall I'm impressed by the fit and quality. I think I am going to order some Octo-forks to go on it.

EAC3D651-D2AF-499D-BF19-D01DEA82A626_zps47yfhhoi.jpg

380B3539-BB29-483F-8DB0-B88037D3D5C8_zpsntwh9eds.jpg

9FFD0263-0FD6-42E8-BCEB-988D9C83D43A_zps7jxff7n0.jpg

869D9878-CB75-415D-A6A6-4B4E4DA370B0_zpsiajzhrwx.jpg

D392FB1C-E399-45A7-B977-73E8E8BEFC85_zpspeyqoifm.jpg

A96495C7-D639-4F6D-A3DC-C598CD63ACB6_zpssmmeziqm.jpg

I came home from work today to find my Big Joetisserie waiting for me a day early. So of course I unpacked right away and went to check the fit. To my relief it fits great. There is a lot of extra room to get it perfectly centered. I can move it ~ 1" front to back and side to side. It sits flat on the bottom gasket. With the lid shut I can't see any air gaps, but it did come with a length of felt that you can add to the top of the Joetisserie to help it seal better if needed. Overall I'm impressed by the fit and quality. I think I am going to order some Octo-forks to go on it.

EAC3D651-D2AF-499D-BF19-D01DEA82A626_zps47yfhhoi.jpg

380B3539-BB29-483F-8DB0-B88037D3D5C8_zpsntwh9eds.jpg

9FFD0263-0FD6-42E8-BCEB-988D9C83D43A_zps7jxff7n0.jpg

869D9878-CB75-415D-A6A6-4B4E4DA370B0_zpsiajzhrwx.jpg

D392FB1C-E399-45A7-B977-73E8E8BEFC85_zpspeyqoifm.jpg

A96495C7-D639-4F6D-A3DC-C598CD63ACB6_zpssmmeziqm.jpg
Man I wish mine fit like that, My grill, front to back, measures 24 7/32 inches between the inside rim edges. My Joetisserie measures 24 5/16 inches between the inner outside edges, front to back. The grill is just about 1/16 of an inch too small for the Joetisserie to fit inside. KJ keeps telling me this can't be correct and I am doing something wrong. I am starting to really loose my patients.

Mine was delivered yesterday and fits w/room to spare also. Earl, that sucks that yours doesn't fit! Can you post some pics so we can see what you're dealing with?

Man I wish mine fit like that, My grill, front to back, measures 24 7/32 inches between the inside rim edges. My Joetisserie measures 24 5/16 inches between the inner outside edges, front to back. The grill is just about 1/16 of an inch too small for the Joetisserie to fit inside. KJ keeps telling me this can't be correct and I am doing something wrong. I am starting to really loose my patients.

I'll bust out the tape measure when I get home today and take some measurements of my grill and the Joetisserie. I hope they get this resolved for you.

Well bad news to report My new JoeTisserie will not fit my BJ. It's about 1/16" too large. If I get it down in the back it's way up in the front and if I try and push it down in front it pops up in the rear and the lid will not close. I have contacted KJ and sent them some pics and I will see what happens. At this point I am very disappointed, to have waited so long for this to come out and then have it not fit, is not good.

I know they were trying to keep things tight for air leaks but they shouldn't have made the tolerances this close. I would assume there is more variance in the ceramic bottoms then they expected.

I don't have a KJ or the joetisserie but from what you are describing are you installing it correctly? It just sits on top of the gasket, doesn't actually go inside the grill. Here is a youtube video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dKDQFX4VcU"]Kamado Joe First Look: JOETISSERIE! - YouTube[/ame]

I don't have a KJ or the joetisserie but from what you are describing are you installing it correctly? It just sits on top of the gasket, doesn't actually go inside the grill. Here is a youtube video.

Kamado Joe First Look: JOETISSERIE! - YouTube

Yes it sits on tip of the gasket but it also has to go just inside the grill. There is an inner portion and an outer portion of the Joetisserie and the inner portion has to slip into the grill and then the outer portion rests on the gasket.

I received mine about an hour ago and did a quick fit test. It fits with no issues and seems pretty tight. I was not able to take pictures (I will later on this evening) but it lines up pretty much the exact same way as shown in bproffer's pictures above.

Will post pics when I take them later.

same prob

So I am sad to report I have the same EXACT issue as original post. Got the lip to "fit" around. I use fit loosely because it took extreme effort to get the lip in, scratching away portions of the coating down to the silver steel.

After which, there is either a gap in the front when the lid is closed, or a gap in the back when the lid is closed.. It rocks back and forth..

KJ or BGE XL

So I am sad to report I have the same EXACT issue as original post. Got the lip to "fit" around. I use fit loosely because it took extreme effort to get the lip in, scratching away portions of the coating down to the silver steel.

After which, there is either a gap in the front when the lid is closed, or a gap in the back when the lid is closed.. It rocks back and forth..

Is this bad fit on a KJ Big Joe, or the BGE XL?

Are these guys reliable as a site to order stuff from?
https://www.bbqguys.com/kamado-joe/joetisserie-rotisserie-system-for-big-joe-24-inch-grills

Thanks!!

cayenne

Don't do it yet until they fix all the kinks.

I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now. Basically lost $300 bucks.

BBQGuys wont take the return because the joetisserie has been "used"

Kamado Joe has been slow to own up to their mistake in mfg.

I am still waiting for their management to figure out how to make things right. I thought it would be an easy fix. Give me my money back after I ship it back to them. NOPE!

retfr8flyr said he got his fixed but I don't think he shared how that was accomplished :confused: Mine fit just fine and yes, BBQGuys is a good site to order from. YMMV

Strange that it fits on some and not on others. There's a KJ FB forum and I haven't seen any problems yet on there.

Ya, it's really strange! They are posting on the Kamado Guru forum.

Bge

Don't do it yet until they fix all the kinks.

I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now. Basically lost $300 bucks.

BBQGuys wont take the return because the joetisserie has been "used"

Kamado Joe has been slow to own up to their mistake in mfg.

I am still waiting for their management to figure out how to make things right. I thought it would be an easy fix. Give me my money back after I ship it back to them. NOPE!

I'm planning on running the Big Joetisserie on my Big Green Egg XL.....<P>
I thought I'd heard the big joetisserie works just fine on the BGE XL...?

Cayenne

Thinking I'll pop out to Abt this weekend and pick one up. It's not listed on their website yet, but I did a web chat with customer service & they confirmed that they have them in stock. $299, same as everywhere else. I know they have a really good return policy. So if it doesn't fit right....

Back