THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

64Driver

Full Fledged Farker
I'm down here in south Alabama learning to fly the Blackhawk since the state of Minnesota doesn't have Apaches (my Apache days are officially behind me now :Cry:) Anyway, the other day we were flying around and there was a controlled burn of a bunch of cut up trees in some random field, and we flew through the smoke that reached up to our altitude due to some hefty winds. Like most of you, when I smell wood burning, I immediately think of BBQ (is that wrong?).

I look on this forum when I get some free time and I notice all kinds of things. One thing that always catches my eye is when people on here do things for the vets of this great country. Whether it be hosting a charity cook, helping with a charity cook, donating some meat, money, and/or just your time, it doesn't go unnoticed. I hear people say "thank you" to the vets all the time and trust me, we truly appreciate it! We really do. But there are times when we want to thank you for the thanks and support you guys have been so kind enough to bestow on us. I'm sorry if I don't mention people on here individually because well, honestly, there are so many!

I do however want to mention Paul Shirley. Not only because I have ties to SF (since I have one of their masterpieces in my garage), but rather because he's a medical mystery. I don't know how a heart as large as his can fit in a human chest cavity! He donates cookers to many different charities, including to brother Buttburner with the Michigan Custom Que fellas who do a lot of events for vets.

Please don't take this post as me thinking Buttburner and Paul are the only ones that do this kind of stuff. I know there are many companies out there that donate a lot. Just as I know there are so, so many of you who are reading this that have helped in some way or another with a charity, regardless of its cause. It may have even gone unnoticed to the point where you and the Lord are the only ones who know what transpired. So while you may not be mentioned, my sincere thanks to you as well!!!

So I took a pic today thinking it may help Paul. If it helps Paul, he will end up donating more cookers to causes I'm sure. If he donates more cookers, then more awareness is raised for that particular cause. If more awareness is raised...you get where I'm going here. And if he gains just one more customer from this post, then my meager contribution did its job....

So here is my thanks to you, Shirley Fabrication!

Attachments

• IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 256
Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow !!!! Thank you brother for the kinds words..... Your service to our country... If i am correct... 2 tours in Afghanistan.. And 1 in Iraq.... I don't deserve to be a fly on your coat tail .... Your abilities freaking blow my mind... Your self sacrifice.... For all of us who hobo off of what you and other veterans do..... Yes yes... We already have picked out a cause... ( that serves our vets) to give a cooker to in the coming year... It want be the only one either.... I humbly accept your kind words....... Again thx to you.... And all our vets.... Thx to each one on this forum..... And thank God for this forum that seems to make the best come out of people...... I am truly humbled.... To the point of tears.... Not because of anything i do.... but it is all about what our vets do.... God Bless

What an awesome f***ing post!

64Driver, you and your brothers in arms are my heroes. Honest to God truth. Y'all are doing what I was not able to do. God bless every single one of you brave, patriotic Americans.

I need to be better about thanking all the servicemen and women I see. They deserve it.

Next time we drive South we're making a side trip Tuscaloosa so I can shake Paul's and Tyler's hand.

Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow !!!! Thank you brother for the kinds words..... Your service to our country... If i am correct... 2 tours in Afghanistan.. And 1 in Iraq.... I don't deserve to be a fly on your coat tail .... Your abilities freaking blow my mind... Your self sacrifice.... For all of us who hobo off of what you and other veterans do..... Yes yes... We already have picked out a cause... ( that serves our vets) to give a cooker to in the coming year... It want be the only one either.... I humbly accept your kind words....... Again thx to you.... And all our vets.... Thx to each one on this forum..... And thank God for this forum that seems to make the best come out of people...... I am truly humbled.... To the point of tears.... Not because of anything i do.... but it is all about what our vets do.... God Bless

My pleasure, Paul!

I agree, this site is full of great people. The entire BBQ community is!

wow

I am both honored and humbled to even be mentioned in this thread!!

thanks very much for your kind words!!

And thank you very very much for dedicating your life to protecting our freedom!!!

Smoke on Brotha!!!!

Thank you so much for what you sacrifice each and every day to keep our country strong.

You of course realize that thing you're in doesn't fly

It just beats the air into submission :razz:

Very cool post, the photo is awesome!! Thank you for your service too. :cool::grin:

The world needs more people like Paul, he's pretty amazing. :thumb:

Back