Vending Cart For Farmers Market

looks very nice i didnt know they made one of those, now I want one,, I to will be watching,

It is really nice. We are going today to try and pick it up today. After looking at what the price for new ones were and the cost of what 3 cambros would be this is a no brainer I think. WE would be able to fit 12 full size hotel pans (6 in each side) Thinking One side hot the other cold. We are thinking of somehow doing a mod on the two cutouts on top to be able to use two Chafing Dishes there. I will let you guys know.

Well we went and picked her up today. So figure this weekend with the Super Bowl we will do some cooking with it and see how she holds temp. I will try and post some pics with food in the cambros and take the temp of both the food and cabinet hourly to see what it looks like. Again if any of you guys have or know any cool mods to do on this let me know.

Nothing of substance to offer to the thread, but am excited to see how this works for you. Seems like you got it at a great price.

They are used in public school kitchens and as a portable snack or lunch carts.

Any update on how this worked out?

The FM doesn't start till April so we are still waiting. We have tried it out just messing around and love the two Cambro's on each side. It can hold a crazy amount of food. We are in the process of making a custom "butcher block" table top for it when we will just use it for a prep station for catering. I will post pics of that when we get it going more. So right now it is just hurry up and wait. We did take it down to the HD and they LOVED it and the guy said "yeah, we know we won't be worrying about you guys this year" So that was a good sign.

How well did the top serving wells work? They held heat for a while?

What we did was put a piece of wood cut to fit in the well and just used chafing dishes with the sterno on the wood. I don't think they would hold heat that well in the well it is more for just merchandising like bags of chips and stuff so thats why we did it that way. The two cambros on the side hold temp like a champ though. I promise to get some pics up this weekend. Well I'll try anyway.

Just got the official word that we will starting the 28th of March. Wish us luck as we take this little backyard hobby to the masses. We might crash and burn or open 100 franchises across America. Either way I will try and keep a running log here for all the little guys out there.

Have a question for you guys. We are wanting to do pre-orders at the Farmers Market on meats and sides and need some advice. If you have done this, do you have them pay in full the previous week then pick up the next week. (Which seems the most logical to me) Also how did you wrap and deliver it to the customer, just in foil or butcher paper? Do you charge more if they pick-up hot rather than cold? Also I am assuming which is scary that as long as when we give the product over to the customer and it is at the correct temp rather hot or cold then the liability is off us just like at a restaurant drive thru or something? Thanks for the help.

Back