Couple of Chuckies on The Offset

Thanks everyone. I mentioned that it was dry but in my defense...it was select grade, it sat in the fridge an extra day because of a heart attack false alarm with my Mom and I had wild temp swings. Like from 200° to 350°. Still got work to do to get that offset figured out.

My LSG vertical offset uses small splits just like Terry was describing. This past week, with an insulated fire box and close to 100 degree heat outside, i had to really work at keeping the cooking chamber within the 250*-275* range. One problem is that I start with too large of fire. Need to start small and keep small.

My LSG vertical offset uses small splits just like Terry was describing. This past week, with an insulated fire box and close to 100 degree heat outside, i had to really work at keeping the cooking chamber within the 250*-275* range. One problem is that I start with too large of fire. Need to start small and keep small.

This has got me wondering. I want a new smoker but I get the idea I need to get a handle on my OK Joe before I spend a couple grand on something like a LSG or a Yoder. If I can't then I need to stick with my drum smoker.

Back