Our hobby in jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a guy that is on here every day and really enjoys the opportunity to do so i suggest and would really appreciate everyone just walking away. like already mentioned the mods are not having it and they should not have to deal with this. everyone has a bad day...let's just say a couple of us had one and move on.:wink:

you folks need to learn to have adult conversations without throwing shots and/or whining when you get one.

PmAD..Show me where YOU were personally insulted and i will take action..but heres some irony.... You directly called MY forum Tea Party, Well, i find that insulting and offensive, but i didnt remove it, because its YOUR opinion. So when someone says 'people suck' because someone did something crappy..should we expect everyone to be offended. ???

The 'liberal' comment was not a lie.. it was one individuals generalization/opinion and it was quoted from an article elsewhere.. it was NOT directed at you or anyone person, yet you seem to take these generalizations personally.

With all due respect, this has zero to due with me taking any thing personally or being offended.

This is an awesome forum and the mods do an awesome job keeping it clean.
That's why it pulls the numbers other sites would kill for.

One of the reasons for that is that is that this place has been above the political bickering that has taken down other apparently thriving sites.

Your rules specifically state:
NO personal attacks. NO attacks of any kind. Recognizing that everyone has, and is entitled to an opinion, if your opinion comes across as antagonistic, bad karma, insulting or hurtful to another member, or person, keep it to yourself. Any meaningless post that is nothing more than a negative comment or is strictly there to antagonize, will be edited or deleted. Any post with no redeeming quality or deemed negative by moderators will be deleted. In other words, you are NOT allowed to be a jerk just to chit stir or piss people off. Understanding the fine line between friendly jabs or wise cracks, and obnoxious comments, use discretion. Moderators do not have time to be putting out flame wars.

Great rule.
Let's stick to BBQ and leave the nonsense out.

A poster made a direct statement against liberals and no other comment.
The fact that was about liberals rather than conservatives is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the post was there solely to antagonize and had no redeeming quality. Per your rules, it should have been deleted. It wasn't.

That is the point.
Yes, we all have opinions.
But when those opinions have nothing to do with BBQ they shouldn't be posted.
When they are antagonistic, they should be deleted.

When they are not, it leads to the likes of mr martin.
Again, this is not about being offended.
It's about wanting to talk about BBQ without the superfluous crap you see elsewhere.

What the heck is happening??????

THIS IS Q-TALK!!!

I'm tired of the N&P stuff spilling into our happy place. N&P is gone due to people unable to behave as adults, but this doesn't mean it's cool for it to spill over here. If what you truly love to do is bitch about politics and religion(on ANY sect or denomination) then find one of THOSE forums online. They exist. But this is a forum for folks who truly love bbq. Lets get back to that.

And on that note. Mmmmmm brisket for breakfast.:wink:

I haven't been on this site as long as a lot of you, but one of the great things I like about the Brethren (and especially Q talk) is you don't see these kinds of flare ups....people screaming at each other, calling each other names like a bunch of 4 year olds, etc. It stays on the topic of BBQ which is quite refreshing.

i just made a batch of tomato chutney and soy chorizo for lunch tomorrow. my drink of choice will be a latte. I will be protesting the squirrels pooping in my tree. THEY HAVE TO BE STOPPED!

oh did you hear? as of today boy scouts of america will allow gay adult leaders. this should be fun

i would HATE to be a progressive liberal and one day wake up and realize what a RIDICULOUS MORON i have been, then contemplate suicide. i would HATE that.

like a petulant child or teenage girl rebelling against DADDY, authority or COMMON SENSE I will some day..... probably in the far future because i have been so brainwashed by hollywood, media, beyond de-brainwashing, GAIN COMMON SENSE. but it will be too late.

enjoy your adventure progressives. no pity here

dont get your panties in a bunch, Nancy.

isnt there a gay pride parade you should be attending with your rainbow flag and assless pants in front of children?

or some peta protest to cut water off farmers in California to protect some meaningless little fish we cant eat? umm sorry i meant sea kittens.

why do liberals always want peoples opinions deleted on forums? do you hate freedom of speech? you expect anyone who does not agree with your slanted, insane liberal views to be silenced. and sadly these days you lunatics are getting your way.

During this whole thread you sound like a fairy.

You are member of a forum with testosterone filled men who like to cook raw meat with fire like cavemen. you do not belong here, Nancy.

you have proven to be a delicate little flower, like all progressives are. you are a waste of carbon based life form.

i imagine sensitive little dudes like you fantasize about prancing around a field of flowers wearing hot pants listening to Abba on your little bose headphones.

you are pathetic, Loser.

not surprised you gloated about many posts being deleted for supposedly "bashing" liberals.

im more surprised they were deleted for saying nothing wrong.

i consider you white progressive liberal males human garbage.

Nancy

ATTN: Admin

TO THINK this douchebag pmad lunatic liberal asked you to delete posts on his behalf, AND YOU DID, according to the lunatic liberal AND he boasts about it, makes me angry. Appease the loonies all you want.

Nothing is going to change the fact that people are finally, FINALLY getting sick and tired of their ludicrous ridiculousness and immaturity.

that makes me feel good about this country again.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! Even after three warnings in this thread AND Phil's announcement yesterday you still decide to go bat-chit crazy and attack at least one member AND the admin?

This thread is closed pending admin review and possible disciplinary actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back