Indiana Comp Team

Ain't Skeered BBq

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I'm in central Indiana and would like to maybe join a team or get some people together to start a team. Zero experience in comps would like to learn. Anyone one have interest?:loco:

... all kidding aside... if you have any questions, let me know.

our team is set but best of luck! we are noobs but we'd share what limited knowledge we have. everyone at the comps we have done have been awesome.

If you want to come hang out at a comp you are more than welcome to come to one we are at and make sure you want to travel down the road of insanity...not looking for adding a member but willing to help out.

Ron,

That is a very kind offer from you and I sure hope this gentleman takes you up on your offer. Not often a fellow can find a team with all the experience of yours and then get a chance to see just how a great team does a contest.

Kudos to you and Jan.

Dave

^^^^^ Old Dave is the Godfather of BBQ. If he speaks, people listen.^^^^

PS Hi Dave

I'm in the Indy area. There's a comp in south Indy (more info here: www.ccsfest.com) That would be a great place to go and talk to some teams and check out competition BBQ w/o having to drive very far.

All the teams in Indiana are great people and very friendly. We all may vary in experience but just about anyone would be willing to give you their two cents about BBQ and/or competing.

There is a contest at the Christian School on the southeast side at I-65 and Keystone Ave on April 10 & 11. There will be some local teams there.Friday, early evening is a good time usually to visit with teams and check things out. Saturday is very hectic until after brisket turn-in at 1:30.
My wife and i will be pulling in Thusday evening to get set up. Feel free to stop in for a visit.Look for the Operation BBQ Relief Banner.

I'm in central Indiana and would like to maybe join a team or get some people together to start a team. Zero experience in comps would like to learn. Anyone one have interest?:loco:

You have a PM. I konw of a team looking for another member.

We also host a competition annually in Franklin the fourth Friday and Saturday in June. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk further.

Therae are so many good contests in Indiana now. Here they are for 2015.

4/10-4/11 CCS Spring Festival
Indianapolis IN

5/1-5/3 Smokin' on the Water
Libety IN
This is TWO contests in one weekend

5/8-5/9 Rockin' for Reily
Warsaw IN

6/12-6/26 Smokin on the River
Jeffersonville IN

6/26-6/27 Smoke on the Square
Franklin IN

7/10-7/11 SAMs Nationla BBQ Tour
Indianapolis IN ( Westside SAMs Club)

7/17-7/18 New Palestine Wine, Brew and BBQ II
New Palestine IN

8/21-822 Madison Ribberfest and Blues Festival
Madison IN

9/4-9/5 Homecomeing 2015 BBQ Cook Off
Vernon IN
9/12-9/13 Ballons, Blues and BBQ
Bloomington IN

9/18-9/19 Marshal County Blazin' BBQ and Bluegrass
Plymouth IN

Three contests, CCS Spring Festival, Rockin fo Reily and Homecoming 2015 BBQ Cookok Off are first year contests and appear to be very well organized at this point. All the other contest are established contests and run very well.\

I hope this may help you get a chance to see what is out there.

Hi Ron

Have you received any info about the Warsaw comp? I sent my registration in about a month ago and no info? No email that my registration was received?

I sent you a PM on here the other day. I do know of a team looking for a new member or two. I was just checking to see if you got it.

Back