THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

theTastyCat

Full Fledged Farker
Hey all - got an MES last Thanksgiving and have basically used it as a cold-smoking chamber until today. Which, btw, it's done fantastically well at - get the A-Maze-N going and keep the top vent open and the circular wood insert thing *out* to keep good flow.

I wasn't blown away by the smoke flavor from my first hot run tonight; was spares and they were in for five hours, so should have had enough time. I did try adding the A-Maze-N but it wouldn't stay lit; would I have to keep the circular wood thing ajar to give it enough airflow to survive?

All of this said, I don't think I've ever succeeded in cooking ribs this juicy or perfectly done in my stick burner. And it was *stupid* easy - I'll definitely be doing it again! But would love some more bark and smoke.

Also, I ran it at 275, no foil - maybe going down to 225 would have given more time for bark/smoke? But when you get home with the ribs at 2:30, there's only so many options available :/

MANY thanks, dearest brethren!

Huh...good to know! I'll have to drink about it a bit before I drill holes since this thing is just brand new.....may try leaving the wood tray out enough to get some airflow...I'm sure that would cause more heat to escape, but I'd rather have smoky Q :)

Back