THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E

ElJefe

I saw some back and forth from a while back and wanted some clarification. In a fully jointed half chicken, backbone in or out? Cartilage between the breast in or out? Please give a simple yes or no answer because if they need to be left on the chicken at turn in, that explains a lot.

Thanks!

I saw some back and forth from a while back and wanted some clarification. In a fully jointed half chicken, backbone in or out? Cartilage between the breast in or out? Please give a simple yes or no answer because if they need to be left on the chicken at turn in, that explains a lot.

Thanks!

IMHO.. in quite possibly the most KCBS centric forum on the interweb not sure why this is posted here. It's like posting a thread from a Go Texan cook off.

However, let me help if I can. The IBCA rules are pretty simple with regard to the world famous Barn Yard Pimp:

1/2 fully jointed chicken (to include a breast, wing with tip, thigh,
and drumstick, with skin on.)

no backbone mentioned, no breast cartilage mentioned. YMMV.

Back