THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zalick

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
Todd
Hi all -

Just recently joined up here at the suggestion of Mr. Robb Walters. So if you don't like me, blame him. 8)

Being from Portland and having Joe Traeger just a few minutes down south, my family has been using Traegers since the 90s. But never truly smoking. Always just grilling steaks, chickens, turkey and burgers.

About 4 years ago I decided to jump in the smoking game and got a GMG Daniel Boone. I used an amazn tube 100% of the time when I smoked with it. I got the itch to expand and got a Primo XL mostly for pizzas and searing at 1000 degrees. I also have a Traeger circa 1995ish that I keep at a cabin in Idaho. It's a hand-me-down from my step-dad who is no longer around.

I decided to up my game and just got a MAK 2 Star. And WOW, it's amazing. Although I love my GMG, I wanted something a bit more consistent and that would last forever.

My setup:
GMG DB classic w/ Doug Fisher upper rack.
Primo XL - have never smoked with it.
MAK 2 star
1995 Traeger (middle size)

Here are some pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a pic of my Mom's 2002 Traeger
picture.php

Welcome to the Brethren, Todd!! It’s about darn time ya jumped into the water... you’ve only been standing on the deck for 2 years... lol ;)

Didn’t realize you also have a Primo. Very nice cooking arsenal :)

Welcome to the Brethren, Todd!! It’s about darn time ya jumped into the water... you’ve only been standing on the deck for 2 years... lol ;)

Didn’t realize you also have a Primo. Very nice cooking arsenal :)

Thanks Robb! Ive had the Primo for a year and haven't really dug in to the capabilities yet. I might do a side by side by side with the MAK GMG and Primo one of these days. :)

The MAK is beyond what I expected!

Hi all -

Just recently joined up here at the suggestion of Mr. Robb Walters. So if you don't like me, blame him. 8)

Being from Portland and having Joe Traeger just a few minutes down south, my family has been using Traegers since the 90s. But never truly smoking. Always just grilling steaks, chickens, turkey and burgers.

About 4 years ago I decided to jump in the smoking game and got a GMG Daniel Boone. I used an amazn tube 100% of the time when I smoked with it. I got the itch to expand and got a Primo XL mostly for pizzas and searing at 1000 degrees. I also have a Traeger circa 1995ish that I keep at a cabin in Idaho. It's a hand-me-down from my step-dad who is no longer around.

I decided to up my game and just got a MAK 2 Star. And WOW, it's amazing. Although I love my GMG, I wanted something a bit more consistent and that would last forever.

My setup:
GMG DB classic w/ Doug Fisher upper rack.
Primo XL - have never smoked with it.
MAK 2 star
1995 Traeger (middle size)

Here are some pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a pic of my Mom's 2002 Traeger
picture.php

You do have a lot and it is so cool. You can cook a lot in all those "robots"

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back