THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks guys. Lots of great ideas. Not giving up on all in one yet but if I have to continue with two items the Egg sounds good but can you get real smoke flavor. Green mt grill would work but I an on Texas Gulf Coast and Hurricains do happen, kind of useless in week long power outages. Please keep suggestions coming.

I think klose makes an offset that can also grill, but i read that these aren't as good at grilling as a kettle and would recommend just getting a regular smoker and one that does not double as a grill. Kamados and kettles are both good, and kettles can be got on CL for cheap.

http://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/PR/index.php

So, I don't own one of these .. but I like their product in general. I will say compared to my egg and drum.. they use a lot of charcoal. If you look down the page at the PR60G - you'll notice it is gas - and i believe they make it so you can use either gas or charcoal.

In general, i'm with most of these guys .. I'd buy two units.. I have a Weber Summit 470 as well, and between that and the Egg I have two high end products I'm happy to own.

For starters, I would purchase a ceramic grill / smoker / oven (Primo or Big Joe)
If you still want to rotisserie, I would suggest a Weber Performer with a rotisserie
attachment. I would also purchase a Guru controller for the extra long cooks.
Good luck,

I think step one is going to get kamato style either Kamato Joe Big Joe or Primo XL oval. Any suggestions? Guess I'll give up the rotisserie for now, maybe get a small gasser for quickies and rotisserie.

That is going to be a tough one for you to decide. They are both great. It is probably going to come down to customer support and features.

Back