THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

roastntoast

Knows what a fatty is.
Might sound like a newbie question but here it goes. In the Chicken category do you use boneless thighs or bone in.

Jules

Bone in always for thighs - the bone really helps the meat stay juicy and I think adds flavor. Cheaper too!

Most folks cook bone in thighs, some of them turn in sliced breasts, and rarely you'll see drumsticks.

When I cooked the chicken on the team I liked the bonless. To me you are able to get more surface area for brining, marinaids and rubs. I also found that you are able to form the piece so that it cooks much more evenly and can shape the peices for uniformity, I did not notice a lot of moisture loss when it was brined. When my sister took over doing chicken, she pretty much took the traditional route.

Back