THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we spending tens of thousands of dollars on cookers if guys are winning the Jack and Royal with steel drums?

:crazy::crazy:

I just completed my first sanctioned event this weekend (Agusta, GA Wine & Swine) and out of 22 teams I was only team rolling with 3 drums. I got a lot of looks and spent much of my day yesterday explaining to other competitors and the public what I was cooking with. The competition didnt go in my favor but I had a great time and the drums worked flawlessly. I had a lot of requests asking if I could make and sell some lol.

We brought 3 drums to Cummings last fall. Lotsa strange looks. Top 10 pork and Ribs, 16ish brisket of 88 teams. Chicken suffered from a rectal / cranial inversion by the cook or we would have won the event.

My point being, that UDS food does play in the heart of Dixie!

Back