The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Idaho State Champ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8851)

jminion 07-25-2004 08:24 PM

Idaho State Champ
 
I have been in Boise since Wed, just got back into town. I gave a KCBS judging class and competed in the competition. I took Res Grand, missed Grand by 1.8 points. The team that took Grand is a good friend and a great cook.

It is a great spot for a competition with the Red Cross as the charity.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

colt45 07-25-2004 08:27 PM

CONGRATZ Jim... I use your method regularly with my WSM... and with my kettle...

Solidkick 07-25-2004 08:50 PM

Way To Go Brother!! Please post pictures of your presentations if you have them for comparison and for future reference!
BTW: I am extremely happy you are amongst the "brothers".

BBQchef33 07-25-2004 09:48 PM

Congrats Obi-Wan!!!!

Now tell the truth though... does missing grand by 1.8 points make ya goofy???? (it would me.. and no comments please)

... i'd be wandering around talkin to myself.....up all night going... maybe just a LEEETLE more Cayenne... A touch more sauce.... If I only boiled them ribs first... :? :shock:

:)

Congrats again!!!

The_Kapn 07-25-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
Congrats Obi-Wan!!!!
If I only boiled them ribs first... :? :shock: :)
Congrats again!!!

Phil--
You are letting out our secrets again--shame on you :lol:
Jim--
May I one day walk in your shoes?-
Well done Brother!!!
TIM

kcquer 07-25-2004 10:17 PM

Jim, Well Done!! Nice addition to your already impressive credentials.

jminion 07-25-2004 10:35 PM

Phil the answer is yes, I must be, I gave the Res Grand check back to Red Cross (great people to work with).
Feel good about being able to pull off what I did. I can't just cook anymore, TV and newspaper interviews before and during the competition, Tana Shupe (the lady that runs the Jack Daniels) was there, lots going on.
I would like to fly the Brethren colors can we work some thing out?

Solidkick 07-25-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

I would like to fly the Brethren colors can we work some thing out?
Awesome!
Incognito Mod? ;)

BBQchef33 07-25-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jminion
Phil the answer is yes, I must be, I gave the Res Grand check back to Red Cross (great people to work with).
Feel good about being able to pull off what I did. I can't just cook anymore, TV and newspaper interviews before and during the competition, Tana Shupe (the lady that runs the Jack Daniels) was there, lots going on.
I would like to fly the Brethren colors can we work some thing out?

Dont toy with me Willis......

gee Jim.. let me think about it.....

done..

Someone send this man a hat, apron and FLAG!!!!

:mrgreen:

MikeG 07-26-2004 06:53 AM

Well done!!!
Proud of and for you!!
MikeG

stlmike 07-26-2004 07:27 AM

Way to go, Jim. Who won Grand Champion? Just curious.
Mike

chad 07-26-2004 08:11 AM

Sounds like you had a fruitful weekend -- teach a bunch of folks how to judge and then lay it on the line by competing -- I aprreciate the way you "walk the talk" :D

jminion 07-26-2004 08:22 AM

Mike
Doc's Pit from Wa took Grand, he won in Oregon this year also.
David
Teaching has put the presure on, I can't afford a bad day out there.

chad 07-26-2004 08:36 AM

Quote:

Teaching has put the presure on, I can't afford a bad day out there
I understand! That's why I appreciate your efforts so much.

racer_81 07-26-2004 12:16 PM

Congrats Jim!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.