What types of pellets do you like your pellet pooper to poop?

My Rec Tec has chewed through most all of the common brand pellets without issue. In over 7 years, it's never experienced a flameout or an auger jam. I've never bothered to sift my pellets before loading them up or empty the hopper between cooks, either. The SmokeFire has only burned B&B so far, because that's all I currently have. B&B Championship Blend & Cherry are what I've mostly settled on these days. I tell myself the cherry tastes better on pork and produces a better smoke ring - but that may just be fiction I tell myself.

I like using Cherry just about everything.

I've tried B&B Pecan and Hickory, Camp Chef Hickory, and LumberJack 100% Hickory. So Far the LumberJack is my favorite. I also have a bag of Bear Mountain Mesquite to try sometime.

I tried a lot of brands and went through maybe 3000lbs and had best results with lumberjack 100% hickory and 100% cherry (most of the time mixed). This was with a yoder 640 and memphis elite. I always got my lumberjack via bulk buys. Cookin pellets are also good (2nd favorite)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used BBQ Delight and B&B for six years mixing my own Hickory/Cherry Blend before hearing about Bear Mountain on this forum and checking them out. I LOVE their Bold BBQ Blend and have been using it for the last six months with terrific results. Best smoke ring ever, and great flavor. https://bearmountainbbq.com/products/bold-bbq-craft-blend™-wood-pellets

IMO Traeger Pellets sold in bulk at Costco were the worst I have tried.

Back