THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DBBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Dennis
I ordered a Wagyu brisket online. I started to thaw it out and took a look at it, it is cut so thin, almost like it was sliced lengthwise and I got one half. The flat is like flank steak thickness. Looking for other ideas on what to do with it. It is obviously not something I would bbq for a long time. Grind for burgers is what I thought, looking for any other ideas as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd still probably smoke it, cut off most of the flat, and just know that you'll end up with less product

If it is a whole packer brisket than I would definitely separate the point from the flat before cooking.

Not sure how thin you are talking about, but I will butterfly real knotty points and they sometimes wind up 1/2 or 3/4 inch. They cook just fine.

hPEpFJT.jpg

SAGNbET.jpg

Back