THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

david

is one Smokin' Farker
I heard a rumor that target was clearing out their grills for winter stuff. Said they found a gold kettle for $60. I'm gonna check it out this afternoon, and see if the local target has done their clearancing yet.

Watch out! Grills and smokers are like mushrooms. They sit in your yard and release spores that result in more mush-- er, I mean, grills and smokers. Just look at Phil's pics :D Does Hugh rate as a Portabella??

I ran over to target at lunch today. All they had was a lonely, pathetic, cheap ass silver kettle like Phil has. It was $55, but I passed. I'm gonna checkout another store on my way home tonight. I'm holding out for the Gold.

Then if I can't find the gold, I'll go pick up that silver tonight.

Ya know, i do a good deed and volunteer to get the silver just so we know the diff 'tween that and the gold....... I make a sacrafice for the brothers, and this is the thanks i get. ??? for shame!!

I happen to like my silver, and i decided to set aside a spot in the woods where i just walk over and dump the ashes.

so if the abuse continues, Im gonna go get a ranch kettle just to shut ya all up... :mrgreen:

phil

so if the abuse continues, Im gonna go get a ranch kettle just to shut ya all up...
That would do it :D

Like I said, if I can't find the gold tonight, I'll go pick up that silver. for 55 bucks it's better than no kettle.

if ya dont mind flippin it over to empty ashes, it'll do fine. I also thing the gold has the grate with those flip top sides to add coals easier.

BBQchef33 said:
Ya know, i do a good deed and volunteer to get the silver just so we know the diff 'tween that and the gold....... I make a sacrafice for the brothers, and this is the thanks i get. ??? for shame!!

I happen to like my silver, and i decided to set aside a spot in the woods where i just walk over and dump the ashes.

so if the abuse continues, Im gonna go get a ranch kettle just to shut ya all up... :mrgreen:

phil

Big Brother,
I am laughing my ass completely off that another brother is shitting on you.

My time is limited on this subject, for you will get a custom Weber in ground dealy soon, but this was farking funny.

PS, dumped the ashes out of my Gold pan tonight, very easy.

:)

Worst part was, I really wasn't trying to get Phil riled up. I just got what should have been 2 separate thoughts combined into 1 sentance.

DAve, I didnt get riled.... spend to much time laughin at the POOPIE that goes on here.. andyes, it just as much fun being the shitee and the shitter. So ok, you abused, my silver but it sill makes good stuff.

2 things to share.... one.. i think i like the kettle most out of all my toys. its easiest, most versatile and when i m just cookin for a dinner, as opposed to cooking for hobby, that is what i use.

2- so many times i've been to HD and theres is that Gold kettle sitting there. saying 'buy me.. buy me'... and I dont, cause this little voice inside me says,...." if you buy that, you will steal Bills edge and he has so much fun busting your balls. Now do you want to take that away from a brother?". So here i am, with my silver and a target on my forehead.... so go ahead, boys bust away, but my silver is my friend. I will defend him. :) :mrgreen:

You guys are busting balls over different Weber models and some of us make do with ECBs, no-name gas, and other assorted sheet metal.

Aaarghhh!! Though I will admit after cooking on a Weber many years ago I never bought one because, the way I liked to grill at the time, I didn't have the fire control I did on an adjustable fire grate kettle. So, maybe I'll revisit the Weber controversy -- though I like that newest "patio" model with roll around counter, gas assists, etc. :D

Kidding, sort of, I like the looks of the 22" kettle -- gold or silver wouldn't matter much to me - hey, I'm redneck and dumping the grill over to empty it isn't exactly an issue :D

You guys are busting balls over different Weber models and some of us make do with ECBs, no-name gas, and other assorted sheet metal.
If anybody saw my gasser they'd laugh. It's a single burner, and a packer brisket is about the same size as the grill. I have to put a layer of foil over the lava rock, or I get a big charred dino turd from all of the flare ups.

I've replace the burner once, and the grate is rather pitted. I don't think it can get up over about 400 degrees.

By comparison, it makes the firebox on the bandera look like a great grill.

Back