THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speeed

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Speed
I am doing 2 approximately 5-6 pound beef tenderloins for Christmas. This is a coordinated effort and other family members are cooking the sides and other dishes. I don't want them waiting on me and I don't want to be done too early.
So I am asking the brethren for help.

These are whole, trimmed and tied tenderloins.
I am going to do one horseradish encrusted and plan on cooking this on my pellet smoker at 300 degrees.

The other will be plain SPG and I plan on doing that one on the stick burner again shooting for 300 degrees.

How long should they take? I'm looking for an internal 130/140. (Theres a few that don't like rare to med. rare so I'm trying to compromise)

Also I am open to any other suggestion on temp and time.

Thank you.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Do you recommend a lower temp?
My thinking is that there isn't really any fat in tenderloin so not sure it needs to cook low and slow but I am definitely open to wise council.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Do you recommend a lower temp?
My thinking is that there isn't really any fat in tenderloin so not sure it needs to cook low and slow but I am definitely open to wise council.

I like cooking it slow so there is an even color across the meat.

Back