THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mbt

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Marco
After Gore suggestion (or provocation, who knows...) and a lot of research, today I tried the smoked eggs
First of all, I must say that is not my invention. The original recipe (in Italian) can be found here
https://blog.bbq4all.it/countryside...icato-con-scaglie-di-bacon-ed-erba-cipollina/
I made some little modifications, anyways

Ok, from the beginning, I hard cooked a couple of eggs (it's a trial, so I don't want to waste material)
When hard boiled I peeled them and let them cool down

Meanwhile I set up my little Smokey Joe for indirect heat, with few briquettes and a piece of cherry wood for smoking
I put the eggs in an aluminum pan and this pan above another pan with some ice (so I can keep cool the eggs)

I smoked the eggs for 10, maybe 15 minutes, turning sometimes. You can see the color different...

Then I removed the eggs, cut them by half and removed the yolk

I blended the yolks with an abundant teaspoon of mayo, half tablespoon of mustard and half tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. I did it with a fork, but it should be used a mixer.
Original recipe would use also Tabasco. Added salt and pepper for flavour balance
Then I filled the hard egg whites with this "cream", added some little strips of crusty bacon and some mint (original recipe would use chives

Well... I liked it and also my wife appreciated. Surely I will do it again, may be as a starter

Hope you like it

sto utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, it looks like Gore may have started something; and you really made it something I love, Deviled Eggs. Really like the bacon and mint garnish / chives idea. Sooooooo I am going to have to try it!

• Thanks
Reactions: mbt
Back