THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BriGreentea

Knows what a fatty is.
I was going to make a pulled chuckie but at the store didn't find a cross rib one I liked in my price range or size so found a 3 lb flat brisket.

Last month I made pulled beef with a chuck just salt and pepper, smoked for a couple hours or so then took it out, put it on butcher paper, drizzled some hot sauce on top for additional flavor and put a little beef broth on the bottom before wrapping to help steam it a little. I had these dry out before so that was my theory and smoked it wrapped for another 4 hours until probe tender, rested for a half hour and pulled with bbq claws...bbq sauce on the side.

I haven't tried this with a brisket in a long time, will my technique with the chuck work well? I have heard some using part of an onion also but never tried. Thoughts?

IMHO for brisket flat to pull you will need to incorporate liquid to keep it moist, but you can certainly cook it similarly to get to the point that the muscle strands pull.

Back