practice Thanksgiving

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
every year before the holiday season kicks off we host a practice Thanksgiving for our friends. we all get so busy this time of year with family and this gives us a chance to enjoy their company before everything gets too hectic. it also gives me a chance to work on timing of the big meal. it's grown to be one of our more popular parties we host...rivaling taco pool party. it's also bigger than real Thanksgiving these days.

it all starts with the bird. three days before I spatchcock and dry brine with harvest brine. I leave it covered in plastic for 2 days and let it air dry for one. really helps with the skin. day of the cook I chop my veggies and prepare the stock. I allow about 3-3.5 hours for the cook and baste with herb butter periodically after an hour. some of the stock goes into the dressing and the rest the gravy, both of which I make. :becky: does mashed taters, homemade cranberry sauce and another dish typically glazed carrots. a friend of ours does the green bean casserole. if I have time I'll make another side, this year I did mac & cheese. we also had corn...plain corn...from a can...because I have a three year old who refuses to eat. pies are made by the mrs but if we get busy we just do store bought.

So nice you make it twice!

Looks great and like your family is going to eat very well!

Brilliant idea, Ninja. Reduces some stress and is a great way to enjoy with friends. It looks and sounds like it was a smashing success!

Back