THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was epic. Great to meet Greg and Campdude (whose name, along with a whole bunch of other fine folks we met, I shame-facedly admit went in one ear and out the other, as I was dazzled by the cookers, the spread, and the cooks). That's me, looking entranced, in the background of the pig photo, there.

I took almost one pic. :oops:

I got one sent to me so I'll put that up so as not to show up empty handed. :tsk:

picture.php

It was a total blast - a yard full of folks just feasting and enjoying themselves, each other, and the day. It was super cool to meat GVDub and his lovely wife (sorry - spaced her name! :doh: - forgetting names is my superpower :tsk:)

The whole 65# got et, as did 2 #10 can batches of Keri's Hog Apple beans, some tri tip cooked by a bro, a couple chix, chitloads of wings, untold sides and desserts, etc. We also had a couple racks of SLC spares & some beef ribs and sausages & boudin as well. I put out the sausage I made & held on to the sausage frognot brought for personal use! :twisted:

Marty made a cheesecake that was the one thing that really blew my lid off last night. Just farking incredible. Marty was, once again, a tremendous help - actually indispensible when it came to getting everything to happen as it should. I get a little inattentive at times while running my yap and Marty always has a clear lay of the land.

This may have been the biggest crowd yet - I'm not good at guessing numbers, but it was certainly enough people to eat an entire 65# pig and then some.

The spousal unit is Vanessa, and she had a blast! Didn't have the chance to trade gardening tips with Shannon, but we'll need to do that. My pepper crop is never good, but tomatoes are always a huge harvest.

Huge fun! Thanks again for tossing a fine bash and making a noob feel more than welcome.

Last edited:
Back