THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porcine Perfection

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
New to pellets (Grilla Chimp review coming after a few more cooks). Picked up four different types of pellets and needed a way to store them on my deck. The containers I found looked like junk and started at $20. Went to Menards and saw they had a 3.5 gallon bucket that is just perfect for 20lbs. of pellets! The bucket and lid were $4. Links below. Hope this helps others.

Bucket

Lid

Sounds like a good solution! They also have 5 gallon buckets for around $4 if you need more room.

Since I have a cat person in my family. I have a unlimited supply of 3.5 gallon cat litter buckets. Luckily their cats prefer the unsented stuff.

How big is your hopper? I just throw the whole 20lb. bag into the hopper of the FEC.

Another option is a deck box and you can just store the bags in there or put the bucket in there if your weather has too much moisture. Pretty dry here in MT

https://www.wayfair.com/Duramax-Bui...tructures - [Outdoor Structures] - Deck Boxes

That's what I've done. We were redoing our garage last year and had a Greenlee Jobbox that was mostly just storing random stuff. She painted it some sort of bronze (like what a lot of deck furniture seems to be painted these days) and we moved it by the cookers. It can hold like 30 bags of pellets, so I have plenty of room. The thing I hate about a 20lb hopper, is that I often want to refill before it's totally empty. This lets me chuck the remainder of the bag right in there with the rest of the bags.

New to pellets (Grilla Chimp review coming after a few more cooks). Picked up four different types of pellets and needed a way to store them on my deck. The containers I found looked like junk and started at $20. Went to Menards and saw they had a 3.5 gallon bucket that is just perfect for 20lbs. of pellets! The bucket and lid were $4. Links below. Hope this helps others.

Bucket

Lid

This is exactly what I do. Menards and all.

I don't have pellets or a need to store them. But I really like the gamma lids for bucket storage. They cost more than the damn bucket and are very hard to install the first time. After that, the lid is easy to screw and unscrew.

Back