THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kw

Knows what a fatty is.
All,

I know this isn’t specifically a BBQ question.

Was down at Surf City NC recently, for a good friend’s 70th bday party. The local IGA was selling Neese’s pork sausage.

Seeing it was the extra sage variety, and made in NC, I figured it was worth a try.

That stuff is awesome. So naturally I am now thinking of how to replicate it. Neese’s isn’t available in Maryland, at least I haven’t been able to find it yet.

My question is, has anyone on the board had any success in making something close to this?

Thanks!

Neese's Sausage

I grew up just 50 miles south of Greensboro where it is made. Had it all my life until I moved from North Carolina. It has about 30% fat 70% lean and only has black pepper Salt and Sage in it and maybe some nutmeg I have been making it using those spices and it seems to be pretty close to what I remember growing up.

• Thanks
Reactions: kw
Back