THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
We stopped by a farmer's market on Saturday morning and one of the vendors was my favorite tortillera, so I bought some and had to make tacos.

I found some prime top sirloin on sale at a butcher shop a few minutes east of the farmer's market and decided that would be good carne asada fodder. I had some bone-in chicken thighs in the fridge so I went ahead and deboned those and prepped them for tacos.

The beef was marinaded for several hours in a cilantro lime mix, and the chicken thighs were hit with a slather of avocado oil and Albukirky Green Chile seasoning. The Primo got the nod for the cook, Jealous Devil lump for the heat.

It was very hot out yesterday, > 100* when I was grilling, but it was worth it. I used the leftover heat to cook an herbs de provence / dijon chicken I had in the fridge overnight, another favorite of mine.

Thanks for lookin.

Back