THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tommykendall said:
Dudes - can ya'll imagine what smoked mullet (the 'do' that is) smell like. LMFAO on my first post of the night.

No, not an smoked Mullet-Do, but i can tell ya what the hairs on my hands and forearms smells like, then burn off on a weekly basis..... Gotta move those logs around in the firebox.

But josh got me a really cool mitt for my B-day that will salvage those hairs somewhat.

Guys,
My freezer's out of bbq, and I'm having company. I'm planning on doing two of TK's mainated briskets, two pork butts, a tray of chicken thighs, a tray of brats, and maybe some ribs. Hopefully that will hold me for a few weeks.
StL Mike

chathorne said:
does anybody marinate a brisket ?

Shirley, you jest.....

Tk's DR Pepper Marinade!!!. Go look in the files or recipe section. I think we all marinade them.

Guys,
My freezer is empty and I'm having company. I plan on doing two of TK's marinated briskets, two pork butts, a tray of chicken thighs, and a tray of brats. I might also do a couple of slabs of ribs.
StL Mike

what the hell do you marinade them in a trash bag ?????
i aint got nuthin that big ass brisket would fit in

turkey roaster bags are better. Glad small(4 gallon) garbage bags are food safe. Regular large garbage bags contain resins which arent FDA approved, and some will react with certain food(vinegar). So theoretically, if you ya really give a POOPIE, any bag for food should be labled 'food safe" or "food storage approved". I havent died yet from using garbage bags overnight.

whatever bag ya use, if ya dont have room in the fridge, put the bag in the cooler with some ice.

Today our Labor Day cook out just went from 9 to about 40. Gonna do all the baby back I have and pick up a couple of beef slabs. I know, I don't eat them either, but some in the crowd don';t eat pork. Also will end up doing b & d's for all the kiddies too.

quote]

No, not an smoked Mullet-Do, but i can tell ya what the hairs on my hands and forearms smells like, then burn off on a weekly basis..... Gotta move those logs around in the firebox.

But josh got me a really cool mitt for my B-day that will salvage those hairs somewhat.[/quote]

Mitts Suck.

Right Ricky!!

Back