THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whisky

is one Smokin' Farker
I need some new grill lights. The Weber one that comes with the Genesis grills, that stays mounted on the handle, crapped out. Looking for something that is weather proof. Undecided if something permanent is preferred, or something portable I can move around to different cookers. Suggestions on what you like?

Thanks

What about a right angle light with a magnet?

Edit: or a headlamp, which a lot of them would be right angle lights. Either one being high CRI.

I need some new grill lights. The Weber one that comes with the Genesis grills, that stays mounted on the handle, crapped out. Looking for something that is weather proof. Undecided if something permanent is preferred, or something portable I can move around to different cookers. Suggestions on what you like?

Thanks

I had added one of the Weber ones to my grill and it worked pretty well for a couple years before it died (full of water as I discovered). I had a magnetic one years ago but it always seemed like the head had to be in the way of the lid to get the light where I needed it.

I’d probably go with the Weber version if I needed one. Where I have it now I’m getting enough light from the lights on the house.

I had added one of the Weber ones to my grill and it worked pretty well for a couple years before it died (full of water as I discovered). I had a magnetic one years ago but it always seemed like the head had to be in the way of the lid to get the light where I needed it.

I’d probably go with the Weber version if I needed one. Where I have it now I’m getting enough light from the lights on the house.

Yup, same here. Full of water also.

I've gone with so many different light setups these past 3 decades, I can't count.

I stumbled onto the one that is the perfect fit for me, might not be for you. In fact, I didn't even stumble on it, my wife did.

We took two 2"x2"x8' pieces of wood, treated them, the put each on a flower planter full of Sakrete.

Then we took two strands of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Am...PJFX7ZRZYJ0&psc=1&refRID=XWPPYER5TPJFX7ZRZYJ0

Added clips to the aluminum siding, then strung the lights back and forth between the siding clips and the posts we created around 8' to 10' above the patio. The intent was to give a little light to the patio which my grills sit off to the side on.

The bonus for me was a little patio lighting upgrade for $50 or so had SO MUCH light that we can read, I can cook, etc out on the patio now. They are 200% better than any "grill light" only that I've had.

I know, it wasn't your question, but they are waterproof and I wouldn't hesitate to either light the patio or fully immerse my entire cooking section in the light from these. Light element is LED but the entire product including the bulb is rubber and/or plastic, these should last a while.

And since I strung everything back and forth, no shadows, its pure light.

This might not be a solution for you, but it was for me.

Good light to you!

I've gone with so many different light setups these past 3 decades, I can't count.

I stumbled onto the one that is the perfect fit for me, might not be for you. In fact, I didn't even stumble on it, my wife did.

We took two 2"x2"x8' pieces of wood, treated them, the put each on a flower planter full of Sakrete.

Then we took two strands of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Am...PJFX7ZRZYJ0&psc=1&refRID=XWPPYER5TPJFX7ZRZYJ0

Added clips to the aluminum siding, then strung the lights back and forth between the siding clips and the posts we created around 8' to 10' above the patio. The intent was to give a little light to the patio which my grills sit off to the side on.

The bonus for me was a little patio lighting upgrade for $50 or so had SO MUCH light that we can read, I can cook, etc out on the patio now. They are 200% better than any "grill light" only that I've had.

I know, it wasn't your question, but they are waterproof and I wouldn't hesitate to either light the patio or fully immerse my entire cooking section in the light from these. Light element is LED but the entire product including the bulb is rubber and/or plastic, these should last a while.

And since I strung everything back and forth, no shadows, its pure light.

This might not be a solution for you, but it was for me.

Good light to you!

Good suggestion. We don’t have them on the deck but have multiple sets around a pool area. They’re affordable, look great and put out a decent amount of light.

Back