Budae Jjigae in the 505 w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Thanks to SmittyJonz for the killer idea in another thread, I found a 1-person recipe for the Korean Army Base Stew on YouTube - YouTube Link.

Don't kid yourself... this is probably closer to 2 servings.. if not 3. :shock:

Put all the kids in the pot... that's the pork, spam, bacon, sliced Conecuh sausage, kimchi, baked beans, onions, garlic, gochujang, and (as I had no gochugaru) some New Mexico ground red chile.

LkB6N5tl.jpg

Added the beef broth base packet and veggies packet from a Shin Black ramen package... and 500+ml of water.

Xwil2d4l.jpg

Set the pot to boil for a solid 8 minutes. Gave it a quick stir.

Boiled for another 5 minutes with the lid off to reduce the liquid and strengthen the flavors.

Omcrg5tl.jpg

In went the ramen noodles. Gave them a minute or two, then topped them with 2 pieces of American Cheese.

UdRPrhFl.jpg

Finished cooking the ramen... total of about 5 minutes.

cLYSaOsl.jpg

Served up into 2 bowls. Quick green onion garnish.

u5AyxD4l.jpg

24TfcMCl.jpg

This is ridiculously good! I can see why Tony Bourdain would call it the king of "college food" or "bro food." It was spicy, but also rich.

42oPOxFl.jpg

I've been sitting on this idea for a good 2-3 years now. Thanks to Smitty for giving me the kick in the pants I needed to put it into practice!

Y'all have a great Sunday!

Last edited:
Yum, that + college football + beer = a perfect Saturday! Thanks for posting this Marc

This looks like an excellent idea.

It's turned me onto more ramen options (via YouTube) as of late, to be quite honest.

I had no idea that American Cheeze [sic] could do so much for the soup. Same with some minced garlic, and soon I need to try an egg poached in the soup pot.

Today for lunch, I used TanTanMen meat (seasoned & cooked ground pork) in Shin Black noodles & broth with minced garlic and American Cheeze [sic] and green onion garnish. Highly recommended and only about 8 minutes from start to sit-down & eat!

Have a great week!

I love putting slices of leftover brisket in the spicy gourmet flavored Shin noodles, but that’s about as adventurous as I get. Maybe I need to branch out more…

I love putting slices of leftover brisket in the spicy gourmet flavored Shin noodles, but that’s about as adventurous as I get. Maybe I need to branch out more…

I started doing this with leftover rib meat during the first Pandemic Spring. Family is a big fan. I'll need to try brisket, soon.

Also along these lines, folks should really try some Birria Ramen at their first opportunity!

Back