New LSG 20x42

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
It's finally here!

Ran it for a couple hours last night and am continuing to the recommended seasoning burn today. Seems to be holding temps fairly well but definitely still getting used to it.

wbpD39il.jpg

0GoUhdIl.jpg

xlQBxZ8l.jpg

mYaHNoil.jpg

Thought the grill basket would fun to mess around with.
Dzg7LWil.jpg

Q2jSdAWl.jpg

qmKO1ydl.jpg

Thanks

Matt

Congratulations, you will love it. I am curious, did you add a piece of expanded metal on top of the fire grate?
I did, I did that on my last offset as well. Seems to help a little with maintaining the coal bed. Just keeps some of the prices from falling through into the ash.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Makes sense. One tip I found is to plug the ports with steel wool where your temp probe wire goes into the chamber. I did not want the smoke going out the hole.

Makes sense. One tip I found is to plug the ports with steel wool where your temp probe wire goes into the chamber. I did not want the smoke going out the hole.
Interesting, do you think that negatively affects the overall draft?

What smoker are you cooking on?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don’t think it has a negative effect but sometimes the wind blew the smoke from the port in my face. I have the same LSG 20x42 but with 8 inch wheels and added a ball valve on the drain

Nice, Matt!

That looks like a really fun piece of kit. (... and the grub you made in the seasoning process looks delicious)

Looking forward to your continued adventures!

Congrats! Looks like you are having a lot of fun already.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would say I’m jealous, but I’m not! I’m just jealous that you were higher than me on the fabrication stack! Last week I had the opportunity to visit LSG. Chris pulled my order, showed me the showroom model I ordered (20X36) and all the added on‘s I asked for. He then took me to the fabrication shop and showed me all the stations my pit would go through. I too was worried about smoke leaking from the probe ports, and Chris said he didn’t think it would really be that big a deal, but if I was really worried about it just wrap a little aluminum foil around them after you stick the temp. probes in.

Back