Another Weber Kettle "Tall Boy" Conversion

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
I just finished fabricating another Weber "Tall Boy" conversion for a good friend that just purchased a copper Weber kettle. He wanted the tall boy conversion as he is tall, and has heavy accessories that makes his old Weber a little wobbly and unstable.

He was retiring his 20 year old kettle and didn't need the side tables on this one, making it an easier conversion. The conversion raises the height of the kettle 8" from stock.

I really like the copper kettle, may have to pick one up myself.

HRZRux.jpg

Last edited:
That is the way they should come from Weber.

I agree, taller legs and wider wheelbase makes it much more stable and the bigger, heavier wheels also prevent it from tip or blow overs, it just glides across pavers, etc.

I do like the side table model myself, but in this case, the owner has some tables already in place in his cook area and didn't need them.

Now wait just a minute. Who makes this awesome conversion and is it available for Weber 26.5 in kettle?! This just what my kettle needs, legs are rickety.

Like the swivel wheel and heavier legs. My secondary kettle could use that. My performer is about right in height for me.
Nice work!

I happen to be working on a basic, cart only, retail kit now. One that can be assembled by the buyer with nothing but a couple of wrenches needed. But, there is one hitch that Weber has thrown in that does not make it so easy to make it a simple, bolt together kit.

The ones I've fabricated, and welded, cannot be removed from the kettle.

I've not had a 26" to modify yet.

Love these, I'd like something along those lines for my 26" kettle....thin wobbly legs on a big grill with lots of food :shock:

I happen to be working on a basic, cart only, retail kit now. One that can be assembled by the buyer with nothing but a couple of wrenches needed. But, there is one hitch that Weber has thrown in that does not make it so easy to make it a simple, bolt together kit.

I'm in you you are ready to ship.

I say this all the time BUT for the life of me I can't figure out why Weber doesn't do a 26" Performer?!?!?!?! If you figure out a way to build a table, stand or anything for the 26" I bet you'd have folks like me lining up to give you money.

I'll be your Guinia pig for you! I just happen to have a 26" kettle for you to convert! I am in the PHX area.

I mostly use my Performer, but I think I might need this in my life.

Maybe also a shorter version for my WSM as well. Wheels on it would be awesome. And a little taller.

Hard to tell for sure from a single small pic what your build quality is. It looks really good in the pic.
Regardless, that is a got.damn innovative design.

Hard to tell for sure from a single small pic what your build quality is. It looks really good in the pic.
Regardless, that is a got.damn innovative design.

Thanks, used 1" tubing for the legs and axle, welded in heim joint tube ends for the wheel bolts

Did have to do some sanding and touch up to get the welds looking decent;

Y9mdr1.jpg

gOI3m3.jpg

kXSKNW.jpg

Back