Splitting Brisket

TxSmoker1906

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm curious to know if anyone has ever split a packer in half (still keeping the point and flat connected) and if so what were the results. I want to experiment with a foil boat and want to have a control but I don't want to have to have a second brisket or have to worry about freezing leftovers.

Check out Harry Soo's latest videos on youtube. He splits them in half all the time for exactly the same reasons your are.

I haven't but my first thought is your going to loose alot of moisture that way and end up with an odd bark. If I needed to split one, I would cook the point and flat separately.

Harry Soo does it all the time to test things out, nothing wrong with that. Cooking times will change as much as presentation but nothing to worry about in the end

I've done it for years. Just pick your cut line carefully as one half will have more point. The only difference I see is that your slices are only half as long. :doh:

MnN1tcZ.jpg

J2XbW0Z.jpg

I do wrap separately because I will flash chill one half and prep it for freezing, and by the way they reheat beautifully.

I used to split briskets all the time before I could readily find 10lb briskets. No issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back