• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

MSU Chicken Sammich

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Marinated a pack of boneless, skinless thighs using a bottle of Italian dressing

26wpFMeh.jpg

After a few hours of getting happy they went on the sizzling hot grill grates

TvVz7Mrh.jpg

Shredded cheddar, Monterey jack as first layer then topped with white American slices

YTwjJgnh.jpg

Romaine and tomatoes

6DRKhJ9h.jpg

Homemade spread, pickled peppers and onions

nzDGAk6h.jpg

Double stacked

9ehStDih.jpg

And fully assembled

Bf29eTxh.jpg

Going for the kill

bmcQA2ih.jpg

All I can say is forget about a hot chicken sammich. I found my new love :hungry:

ZYqLC9Ch.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Ugh....I could so use one of those right now. Guess I'll just go to bed hungrier instead :sad::p

Those are some particularly nice looking tomaters. Looking forward to when those are readily available out here again.

Looks great :clap2:

Ugh....I could so use one of those right now. Guess I'll just go to bed hungrier instead :sad::p

Those are some particularly nice looking tomaters. Looking forward to when those are readily available out here again.

Looks great :clap2:

Thanks brotha!

Def one of my best MSU series. My bro was over and told me to write down whatever I did. Nephew said it was "bussin'" :laugh: Gotta love kids these days.

I love the boneless/skinless thighs from Sprouts and happened to see the tomatoes there so I grabbed some. Good stuff but we're a bit blessed here with produce.

You do chicken right! Italian dressing is a favorite for chicken for us, so I can somewhat imagine how good those were, but l'm going to need one to confirm it. Nice job, brother!

Sako, as soon as I saw your thread title, I wondered which dressing you picked, as I was going to suggest Newman's yesterday, but forgot. But, no need to, you got it!

Best MSU chicken sammiches EVER!

kbNrvea.jpg

Delicious looking sandwiches Sako. :hungry:

Been marinating thighs in Ken's Vinaigrette Greek, then hitting with some Cavender's on the grill, Ken's has nice tang to it.

Grilled Thighs >>>> Grilled Breasts and it's not close.

Looks killer.......care to share what you do for the pickled onions and peppers? I might need to shamelessly steal! LOL.

That's art right there! I used to marinate chix in Italian dressing every so often, but for no good reason kinda fell out of the habit. It's a great way to go!

Those sammiches are insane - I'd happily hurt myself on those! :hungry:

Works for me Sako.

Thanks Marty!

You do chicken right! Italian dressing is a favorite for chicken for us, so I can somewhat imagine how good those were, but l'm going to need one to confirm it. Nice job, brother!

Thanks Ron!

My first time trying and won't be last Ron. Love the simple dump the dressing and chicken in a bag, let it sit a few hours and it's ready to grill.

Sako, as soon as I saw your thread title, I wondered which dressing you picked, as I was going to suggest Newman's yesterday, but forgot. But, no need to, you got it!

Best MSU chicken sammiches EVER!

kbNrvea.jpg

Thanks Richard! I agree. It was rich and robust but mild unlike some Italian dressing that taste like a bottle of vinegar.

That looks and sounds fantastic

Thanks George!

Delicious looking sandwiches Sako. :hungry:

Been marinating thighs in Ken's Vinaigrette Greek, then hitting with some Cavender's on the grill, Ken's has nice tang to it.

Grilled Thighs >>>> Grilled Breasts and it's not close.

Thanks Kev!

That actually sounds really good. Those ingredients could be also good for some cheat chicken souvlakis. I'll give it a ****.

Super duper MSU!

Thanks Greg!

Looks killer.......care to share what you do for the pickled onions and peppers? I might need to shamelessly steal! LOL.

Thank you!

I checked the pantry and had rice vinegar, ponzu, and grapeseed oil. Put those in but rice vinegar is very mild so I added a touch of apple cider vinegar and a dash of sugar for a little fermentation. Eyeballed everything and just enough liquid to soak everything up lightly. In the fridge for about an hour to chill and that's it.

brother that is a fine looking sammich

Thanks Tom!

That's art right there! I used to marinate chix in Italian dressing every so often, but for no good reason kinda fell out of the habit. It's a great way to go!

Those sammiches are insane - I'd happily hurt myself on those! :hungry:

Thanks Greg!

I heard about it constantly and finally gave it a try. Great flavors for sure and it worked perfect with my sammich theme.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Not to sound dumb, but what is a MSU chicken? Every time I search it, it comes up with Michigan state university

Either way those sammits look so good!

Not to sound dumb, but what is a MSU chicken? Every time I search it, it comes up with Michigan state university

Either way those sammits look so good!

We have a popular member here, 16Adams, who is the king of MSU.

Virtually everything he cooks is done spur of the moment. His creations are sometimes daring, often inspiring, and almost always downright entertaining!

Back