I humbly apologize... These are the best pellet grills

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm so embarrassed I hardly know what to say! I recently created a thread that purportedly listed the 10 best pellet grills in 2021. Well much to my dismay, earlier today I came across what apparently is the real definitive list of the best pellet grills. And here it is:https://lilgrill.com/best-pellet-smoker/

Spoiler alert. This is the number one pellet grill: Z GRILLS ZPG-7002E

And again I apologize for wasting your time with the first list!

I think you need to create a poll to determine if a WSM is in fact a pellet smoker. :doh:

"Though it, obviously, can be used with wood pellets, you also have the option of working with charcoal in this model as well. This versatility can help to open up a whole new world of flavorful cooking, since switching between the two fuel types is as easy as cleaning out the hopper in the bottom of the smoker.

Of course, since this smoker doesn’t have any sort of auger or computer system to control the temperature and cook time, there is a rather steep learning curve to use it effectively. Thankfully, once this has been conquered, you can rest assured that the food you make with this smoker is always going to be delicious."

So I assume you're supposed to sit by the WSM and throw in a handful of pellets every few minutes? And since there is obviously no draft fan either, how do you keep the pellets burning. You can't constantly fart into it, might burn your azz. :noidea: :confused: :loco:

Just read their "expert advise" column on the right. :-D Sad part is they probably haven't heard of Yoder, MAK, LSG's, Pitts & Spitts etc. Looks more like a bad research paper to me. :laugh:

Again, what's really the difference between that S-Grills, a Pit Boss, a Traeger, and a dozen others with a center burn pot and similar gage steel? Aside from quality/wearability, I can't image one cooks any better than the other.

That was painful. Like a bad Chinese to English translation. Only...Less smart...

I see what you mean. Like this gem, for example:

"Short ribs are becoming one of the most used types of beef for most outdoor activities."

I was not aware that short ribs are being used for most types of outdoor activities! This would no doubt include activities like running, walking, bicycling, and many more. It seems that short ribs are more versatile than I ever imagined! My question is, how exactly are the short ribs being used during these outdoor activities?

I did some digging around and found a way to contact these venerable experts. I shall axe them the above question and report back their answer!

"Short ribs are becoming one of the most used types of beef for most outdoor activities."

I was not aware that short ribs are being used for most types of outdoor activities! This would no doubt include activities like running, walking, bicycling, and many more. It seems that short ribs are more versatile than I ever imagined! My question is, how exactly are the short ribs being used during these outdoor activities?

I did some digging around and found a way to contact these venerable experts. I shall axe them the above question and report back their answer!

In my neighborhood we use them when we're playing pickleball, badminton, and cornhole! They don't work quite as well for horseshoes.

Just read their "expert advise" column on the right. :-D Sad part is they probably haven't heard of Yoder, MAK, LSG's, Pitts & Spitts etc. Looks more like a bad research paper to me. :laugh:

/\ This.

These types of lists are also nothing more than click bait so that they can get ad revenue when someone clicks on the link and also a chunk of change if something is actually purchased.

Damn Bob, if only you had been a little more patient and not rushed into buying that piece o crap Mak, ( I know it was an impulse purchase), you could have saved some real cash and went with the numero uno pellet z grill.

I rarely go jogging...
I mean I rarely go jogging without a couple of smoked short ribs in my pocket.

Damn Bob, if only you had been a little more patient and not rushed into buying that piece o crap Mak, ( I know it was an impulse purchase), you could have saved some real cash and went with the numero uno pellet z grill.

Indeed. Really kicking myself now.

Well Bob since you are such a great guy I will gladly buy you a new top rated Z Grill and can take that unrated MAK off your hands

Well Bob since you are such a great guy I will gladly buy you a new top rated Z Grill and can take that unrated MAK off your hands

I truly appreciate the offer but being such a nice guy I would feel terrible if we did that so I'm going to have to say no.

Back