If you could only have 1 BBQ cookbook, what would it be?

I have several, more than I need. I get my smoking info here. The books I buy for recipes for sides and sauces. I really like the Big Bob Gibson book by Chris Lilly. The potato salad recipe is simple and always a hit.

I have a ton of BBQ books and use this site mostly. The book I refer to the most is Paul Kirks Championship Barbecue Sauces.

I suppose, as far as books go, I would say Franklin's book.
However, I've ultimately learned far more by watching Malcolm Reed's videos and using Google to answer specific questions.

Peace, Love, and Barbecue. Mike Mills is a legend. Number one with a bullet.

Big Bob Gibson book by Chris Lilly is a good one. APL's book is good too. Franklin's is ok.

Smokestack Lightning is not really a BBQ book about cooking, but about two friends who travel around going to BBQ's and is interesting.

I suppose, as far as books go, I would say Franklin's book.
However, I've ultimately learned far more by watching Malcolm Reed's videos and using Google to answer specific questions.

I like Steven Raichlens books, Project Smoke is good. But man are you spot on regarding Malcolm Reed’s videos. Not to mention his Killer Hogs rubs are excellent and he doesn’t try to sell or promote them in his videos. I’ve learned so much from him, a true treasure. Special mention to Smokey Ribs Channel and Ballistic BBQ.

Back