Best competition bbq sauce

Everything Blues Hog makes is fantastic, and outside of the honey mustard, competition worthy.

That said, there's lots of sauces and sauce combos that can win. Blues Hog is by far and away the most popular, but many people cut it with something else. I would recommend checking out sauces from Kosmo, Man Meat, Smoky Okie's, Eat, Heath Riles, TPJ, Butcher, and many others to find the blend that works for you.

I'm a little partial to Yes, Dear Competition Sauce :-D, but Blues Hog is by far the most widely used.

Yes, Dear is great too. It's the real deal and I've used it with excellent results. Any chance in the future you might be able to formulate it in a way to where it's gluten free? I know I have to keep gluten sensitivity/Celiacs in mind for backyard potlucks and also comps that have a public sampling/purchase option.

Some of my favorites and winners on the circuit

Blues Hog Original
Blues Hog Smokey Mountain
Blues Hog Tennessee Red
Killer Hogs "The BBQ Sauce" (ridiculous color)
Head Country original
Granny's bbq sauce

Heard good things about the Yes dear sauce but haven't tried it yet. Haven't seen it here in Memphis area

I may or may not mix a few of the sauces above for competitions :D

I'd suggest mixing and matching any of the sauces mentioned here to achieve the flavor you're looking for

Back