April ***SPECIAL*** "National Garlic Month!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All Month!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New April SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"National Garlic Month!"

20210104_153316-XL.jpg

This was a whole leg of lamb, cooked by one of our top garlic AND lamb experts, Titch. You can check it out HERE. He used LOTS of garlic!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Cook with garlic and make it the star or supporting actor in your entry dish! It can be whole, sliced, minced, but whatever you do, you must start with FRESH garlic. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. In at least one of your prep photos, you must show your garlic in its raw form.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. This is an open category, meaning you can cook whatever you like as long as it conforms to Standard Throwdown Rules.[/FONT]

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/2 through Monday 5/3/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 5/3/21.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
This is an entry...

My Big Fat Griddled Greek Gyros Burger

Home ground pork, home made gyros seasoning, an almond/pecan flour bun and home made Tzatziki Sauce.

Full Cook Thread is here.

Obligatory garlic pictures...

FF4-B6-A2-A-5122-46-B9-93-FC-32-F4-BF9-DA69-C.jpg

14839607-8526-47-C0-AA6-A-2-C0-E792-EFE89.jpg

And, the finished product :-D

038168-E1-B546-422-E-B094-0-CBF6-D6-A8-D4-A.jpg

Please use this picture for the entry thread.

I love to put a small cast iron pan on the grill with chopped garlic, butter, some EVOO & herbs while making steak or lamb.
Here, I served the crispy yet slightly chewy garlic along with the butter sauce over some hand cut ribeye steaks.

Raw.jpg
Ready to peel.

cooking.jpg
On the fire!

done.jpg
Fresh off the grill.

entry.jpg
My entry :cool:

Back