• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"Anything But Charcoal!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts Thru June 28th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Anything but Charcoal!"

8025ad4b335dfe8e5d54ce60ff60e227.jpg

This was SirPorkaLot's "Live Fire Picanha", cooked over wood coals.

As chosen by SirPorkalot, (with inspiration from thirdeye :bow:), for winning the "Skewered" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

SirPorkaLot said:
Let's open up a Throwdown to other fuel sources other than charcoal. Acceptable fuel sources would be wood, pellets, propane, camping fuel, buffalo chips, etc., as long as you don't use charcoal! You must show at least one picture in your entry(does not have to be the entry photo) demonstrating the alternative fuel source in use or in your cooker.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday, June 11 through Monday, June 28.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, June 28th.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
As I wanted to get this entry thread up as early as possible, I put it up as is, more or less. Just wondering if we should add that entries must show the alternative fuel source in use in one of the photos, though doesn't have to be the entry photo. I sent a PM to John, waiting to hear back...

As I wanted to get this entry thread up as early as possible, I put it up as is, more or less. Just wondering if we should add that entries must show the alternative fuel source in use in one of the photos, though doesn't have to be the entry photo. I sent a PM to John, waiting to hear back...

No PM here, but the forum and my phone have not been getting along well lately.

Yes. I think for sure we’d like to see the cook in action… even if it’s a snapshot of pellets gone wild. :becky:

No PM here, but the forum and my phone have not been getting along well lately.

Yes. I think for sure we’d like to see the cook in action… even if it’s a snapshot of pellets gone wild. :becky:

Entry thread edited accordingly. Let's see the wood, propane, pellets and buffalo chips work some magic!

Figures..the one time I don’t take an action shot and it becomes a requirement. Ugh.

Back