Pizza Night!

Been a while since I've done pizza. A while longer since I've done hand tossed pies. Had fresh sausage, pepperoni and a block of mozzarella so I got to it.

Sausage pie first

v9mMBNNh.jpg

bgJvGvYh.jpg

3 mins later

u585lVZh.jpg

Pepperoni pie next

KN3ceyhh.jpg

Again 3 mins later

XzktDE5h.jpg

Love the char on the edges :hungry:

gdeGKEjh.jpg

Ready

mDauFuoh.jpg

Nice crust, chewy dough and stringy cheese :clap2:

Km8ogyph.jpg

Nothing better the air bubbles when you hand toss the dough

1mpnGTHh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice pies Saco. I see you baked in a Blackstone pizza oven? So happens that I just scored one off Craigslist today. What stone temp did you use?

Dang that Blackstone .... !!!! Nice !!!!

Thanks Mike!

I farking love that thing. So bummed they're were discontinued only because of the support after the sale. I know some people had issues but I've never had a problem in going on 8 years with mine except replacing a roti motor a year ago.

Beautiful pizza, Sako. Both of them! :clap2:

Makes a huge difference using raw sausage vs cooked, doesn't it?

Nice pies Saco. I see you baked in a Blackstone pizza oven? So happens that I just scored one off Craigslist today. What stone temp did you use?

Nice score George! You're going to love that thing. I used to temp the stone with my IR gun as the temp gauge is inaccurate on the BS oven but I've found the sweet spot for consistent pies. I pre heat for about 15-20 then dial it at 500* exactly on the BS temp gauge. I crank out pies every 3-4 mins depending on dough thickness. Last time I check with the IR gun I was 650-700* stone temp.

Oh and it doubles as a salamander for searing or broiling. Can't say enough things about this oven

O5u7HFeh.jpg

I've also made amazing wings in it

YbGTNCGh.jpg

uYPOqxvh.jpg

Beautiful pizza, Sako. Both of them! :clap2:

Makes a huge difference using raw sausage vs cooked, doesn't it?

Thanks Richard!

Yep! Night and day. I used to pre cook the fresh sausage but now I just make the balls and put it on raw. They cook up real nice and the sear on they get from the flame is :hungry:

excellent!, what did you put on for sauce?

Thanks Mike!

Homemade sauce with sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, red pepper, dry basil, oregano. Ran it in the blender. I tend to sauce lightly so I brushed the sauce on.

How did Shiz-nit get post # 1 in your thread, Sako?? :crazy:

All that food is killing!

Thanks brother!

:laugh::laugh:

Just noticed. Something weird is going on with the site. I tried to reply to a post and it told me to wait 2734 seconds before I post again because I posted 20 seconds ago:confused::confused::confused:

Got kicked out for a bit also.

Mighty Fine Neighbor. We love ours also and it gets used in spurts it seems.

Keep thinking I want to weld a steel basket to hold wood chunks at the flame for a wood fired addition.

Mighty Fine Neighbor. We love ours also and it gets used in spurts it seems.

Keep thinking I want to weld a steel basket to hold wood chunks at the flame for a wood fired addition.

Thanks neighbor!

I've thought about that too but or using a pellet tray or something but for me when it burns at baking temps, the char it gives the dough gives me the smoky flavor I'm looking for. I can literally taste the smoke.

Chewy dough, stringy cheese, air bubbles. BAM!

Back