• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Overnight cook/noon serve

DR

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I need some help and i know i will get great advise from all the experts on here. So i am taking on a new venture in life and have bought into a craft brewery here in the Houston area. Our first location is great and the food is very simple and is served out of a food truck with the main focus on the beers we brew. We are now opening a 2nd location which i will run the every day operations. It has an existing kitchen (Burgers and such) and we are chopping that down and making that menue even more simpler. But they want to serve a small amount of BBQ on saturdays and sundays. Here is where i come in.

Here is where i need help. I am from the competition bbq world and i cook on my offset smoker and can get a 20lb brisket done in 6 hours, pork butt in 6 and ribs in 3. Its not a problem for comp. But for this venture, i am keeping it simple with just S/P/G rub and will wrap in butcher paper for the ending. My issue is, i know lots of caterers and kitchen bbq cooks cook their meets the night before and then warm them up the morning of serving. I dont want to light a pit at 2 am just to serve at 11:00 the next day. SO i need some guidance on how far you take them the night before and the warm up process in order to still have great, tender and juicy products. Any advise is GREATLY appreciated. DR

I would not try to warm them up ... get them done & keep them warm ... even a 20 hour hold is possible. Today's (say, brisket) should be cooked yesterday, allowed to "open air" cool to 150, and placed in a warmer set at 145. It will rest overnight & be perfect for service tomorrow.

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
Back