Slaw Calculation

Robs Smokin Rub

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Catering a Military Group of 180 Marines. Got the meat poundage and beans quantity down. Need an educated guess on the amount of fresh cole slaw I will need. 1 Meat and 2 sides total. 70 pounds meat and 5 cans of doctored beans. How much cole slaw should I have? 2 or 3 full trays = how much raw slaw?

Thanks in advanced
Rob

Catering a Military Group of 180 Marines. Got the meat poundage and beans quantity down. Need an educated guess on the amount of fresh cole slaw I will need. 1 Meat and 2 sides total. 70 pounds meat and 5 cans of doctored beans. How much cole slaw should I have? 2 or 3 full trays = how much raw slaw?

Thanks in advanced
Rob

180 marines I feel you will need to boost numbers higher than normal. I'd add 2 cans of beans and figure 45-50lbs of cole slaw. When you say 70lbs of meats, what are your meats?

180 marines I feel you will need to boost numbers higher than normal. I'd add 2 cans of beans and figure 45-50lbs of cole slaw. When you say 70lbs of meats, what are your meats?

They want Tri Tip but I will try and sway to Brisket. Cheaper right now.

Is it an all male Marine unit? If yes, and only one meat, you might want to look at 1/2 lb each.

Also, not sure what prices you are seeing, but ensure you take into consideration that tri tip yields more than brisket. Not trying to confuse your initial question, just thinking out loud.

The previous post about slaw is probably the accurate number.

Thanks for what you are doing. You could double the amount of meat and not have enough to feed 180 Marines. Just saying. Ooh Rah!

When you say 45-50 lbs of slaw are you talking literally 45-50? How does that equate into full pans? 3 or 4?

I picked up 2 cases of brisket for 2.29 a lb. Tri Tip is 3.10 a Lb. Considering 90% tri tip yield vs brisket yield you may be on to something.

I don't figure slaw by pan so I'm not positive but I believe that it takes slaw made from about 15-17lbs of cabbage to fill up my 3.5 gallon containers and I think that would be about 2 almost full Sams Club foil pans. So you'd be looking at 4 to 6 pans depending on how full you fill them.

Back