Fireboard Drive and Intake Valve Settings

With my LSG IVC/Fireboard combo, If I don't choke the fan intake down to about 25% or less it will slowly chug its way on up to 275+ no matter what I set the controller to. Its all relatively new and I am still working on fine tuning it but I am pretty sure wide open would be a disaster on my set up.

With my LSG IVC/Fireboard combo, If I don't choke the fan intake down to about 25% or less it will slowly chug its way on up to 275+ no matter what I set the controller to. Its all relatively new and I am still working on fine tuning it but I am pretty sure wide open would be a disaster on my set up.

That is exactly what was happening. If you look at the sides of the fireboard fan that I posted earlier in the thread, you can see the slots for the plate adapter. Those slots were letting air in. If I leave the main intake to the pit wide open, those slots feed too much air in. By choking the main intake down, I can eliminate that and let the fan do it's business. Once I had all that dialed in, the setup worked like a charm. I want to get another cook or two under my belt to feel comfortable though. Maybe a pork butt this coming weekend...

Back