24 x36 Shirley

ncmoose

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I haven't been around in a bit but I know Paul and Tyler were working on a "spec" 24x36 with what would be a potentially quicker turn around time because it wasn't a custom build. I know I'll probably need to contact them but was curious if anyone had purchased one of these lately. I have a buddy who's been through some tough medical times lately and envied my Shirley (24x60 trailer) but would make better use of something smaller and I was interested in something that wouldn't have such a long wait. Thanks.

From what I have heard, these models are on hold to order until they move into their new shop. I have no idea when that will happen, and maybe it already has taken place, but I have seen a few people on the site say they tried to order one, and were told that Shirley was not taking orders on the 24x36 until the new shop was up and running. I also heard, that when the new shop is open, there will be some slight modifications you can make on the 36 that you couldn’t do before.

I contacted Tyler in April about one he told me he wasn’t taking any orders till possibly June depending on how the move to the new shop goes.

As Rustypigbbq said above, they are moving to a new shop and not taking new orders. The best way to communicate with Shirley is to email Tyler. tyler@shirleyfabrication.com You should also join the Facebook group as Kevin White, who owns LSG that ships most of the smokers cross country, will post last-minute changes and availability of smokers.
Standard patio models come for sale every once in a while as well as a new vertical smoker they are building. You may want to also contact Kevin to see if he is keeping a waitlist.

Good luck, as you know they are amazing smokers.

Chris

And remember you can always contact dad..... he works in a refinery and builds on his off days.... he is his own boss.......people thought I was crazy for pre building parts for months.... I saw it coming.... the big demand for the 36 model:-D

I wonder who taught Tyler and Ross to weld.....bet it was DAD. Paul you are turning out some cool looking "Custom" 24x36 models for sure if what is showing up on Kevin White's trailer are any indication.

Picked one up early last year. It is keeping me fed and entertained until my custom build arrived which will be awhile. These things are as good as everyone says.... and the mobility makes them very unique. My first stick burner and I have no trouble controlling temps or keeping the fire burning clean. Took ~8 weeks to get.

Mine has been outside since I got it, uncovered, and itll still last a lifetime. Order it up!

A lot of ones come up due to people buying one waiting on their custom build too but you have to be quick and people snatch them up quick .

There is a 24x36 Facebook Group you should join. Their shipping company buys a lot of these grills to fill loads to the region they are delivering to. If they have an extra they post here. I got mine in 8 days. They do not charge extra, it's just more financially beneficial for them to have a full trailer of smokers.

I have a 24x36 and I love it. I recommend joining the 24x36 Facebook Group. The last I heard is no more orders on this size until moving into the new shop. You could make customizations on it prior, but those made it the 2-3 year wait rather than the 8 week wait. The only customization you could do without the extra wait was a stainless steel shelf with backsplash.

The prices very recently went up due to the cost of steel going up. I *think* the 24x36 with SS shelf is now $2400?

Definitely post on the FB group and ask there.

I have a 24x36 and I love it. I recommend joining the 24x36 Facebook Group. The last I heard is no more orders on this size until moving into the new shop. You could make customizations on it prior, but those made it the 2-3 year wait rather than the 8 week wait. The only customization you could do without the extra wait was a stainless steel shelf with backsplash.

The prices very recently went up due to the cost of steel going up. I *think* the 24x36 with SS shelf is now $2400?

Definitely post on the FB group and ask there.

The $2400 dollar one is with the standard shelf not the SS shelf. With the SS shelf is around $2700.

Back