• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Yield on beef ribs

ynotfehc

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
hey, so im looking to do some beef ribs on the trailer, and wondering what yall get for a approximate yield. I usually calculate brisket at 55%, but with the bone, I can't imagine there being as much loss.

I've never tried to sell them and only cooked them for myself and friends. When I've been to places that sell them they offered them by the bone and the price was by the Lb. Usually had a estimated weight average per bone listed so you knew what you were getting in to when you ordered. If you ordered two bones you'd pay based on the weight of those bones.

Yes, but need to figure out what that cooked weight will cost. 1lb cooked brisket isn't the same price as 1lb raw. I can wait til I get them in and start cooking, but I'd rather have an idea beforehand.

Try sending bbqbubba a PM. He has alot of experience with selling bbq. He is busy opening up a bbq restaurant but he may find time to get back with you

Yes, but need to figure out what that cooked weight will cost. 1lb cooked brisket isn't the same price as 1lb raw. I can wait til I get them in and start cooking, but I'd rather have an idea beforehand.

I think you might need to weigh out the raw trimmed up ribs and then weigh them after cooking and figure your cost per Lb once cooked and add the price to the menu that morning. Either that or get some cold beef and eat beef ribs as an experiment one night. Either way please share your results with us.

Back